FF Crash at Work

Talk about internet security, computer security, personal security, your social security number...
nagan

FF Crash at Work

Post by nagan »

FF 3.0.8
I had written about my experience of this site at the old forum albeit for different reasons...I was not able to listen to songs from the site music player. I was wondering whether NS could be a reason ,but there was a cryptic reply from Giorgio that Real Player was needed for playing ,which I already have. But there seems to be more to it..Why even after subsequent FF updates it still is happening I wonder (though the crash has been automatically reported).

Just to make sure I am not alone with this result.If you wanna try ...FINISH ALL YOUR LEGITIMATE WORKS IN ALL TABS/WINDOWS AND START FRESH...

Clean Profile
1.Site-- http://www.raaga.com/channels/hindi/

2.Fill in "slumdog millionaire" (without quotes) in the search box at the top.

3.Get the results. Just select this song Jai Ho and double click.

BANG..

With NS
1 and 2 as above. You have to allow Raaga.com for searching.

3.as above

You get a music player which won't bat an eyelid and test your patience.

Allow the extension object from NS icon and you are through...
Dreams are REAL possibilities. Pursue them with zest and you can make them HAPPEN!
You are GOD.Realize THAT!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8
therube
Ambassador

Re: FF Crash at Work

Post by therube »

Not able to get the testcase to work.

First, looks like it requires Real Player, which I don't have.
Second, in general will not allow playback from USA.

Using proxy though, I can at least get the "player" to display, though without Real, thats as far as I can get.
Using this proxy, http://noblocking.us/, looks like it should work.

Perhaps a more direct link for others even without a proxy? This will probably at least bring up the player. (Or try revising the URL, truncating from &rand.*.)

Code: Select all

http://www.raaga.com/playerV31/index.asp?pick=147986&mode=3&rand=0.9892671101577915&bhcp=1?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.21) Gecko/20090403 SeaMonkey/1.1.16
Alan Baxter
Ambassador

Post by Alan Baxter »

It still works for me, nagan, just like it did when we discussed this test case on the Moz forums. I'm in the US and have the Real Player Alternative installed. I allowed Java, Flash, Silverlight, and other plugins from the NoScript Options dialog and the player worked without any problem. See below for what I did.

I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean:
You get a music player which won't bat an eyelid and test your patience.
The player that popped up seemed to hang, but instead of finding a placeholder to click, I did the following:
- Closed and reopened Firefox
- Unticked Forbid Java, Flash, Silverlight, and other plugins in NoScript Options > Plugins
- Repeated test steps
- The player pops up, plays an ad, then plays Jai Ho.

I repeated the test after Forbidding the plugins I allowed in Options, but the player still works. I don't know why. I'm running Firefox 3.0.9 RC2, with the latest NoScript in a clean test profile: default theme, no other extensions. I doubt the reason it works is because of my Firefox version, but perhaps someone else that has a Real Player or Real Player Alternative installation can verify.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.9) Gecko/2009040821 Firefox/3.0.9
NoScript 1.9.1.91
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.9) Gecko/2009040821 Firefox/3.0.9
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

I tested the direct link therube provided and it worked just fine, no glitches or anything.
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8 AdblockPlus/1.0.1 NoScript/1.9.1.91 RequestPolicy/0.5.4 FirePHP/0.2.4
nagan

Post by nagan »

Thanks for taking your time guys.. I just for once thought ,if I had gone wrong somewhere and tried the steps even today and had a crash.
Alan , clean "s" is present in the player and you have to leftclick allow the embedded shockwave object. Why you don't get a placeholder for that Real player object has been reasoned by Giorgio to be FF incompatiblity .

I have forbidden all plugs except FRAME/IFRAME and applied restrictions from trusted sites.

May I request once again, if you can to try out the steps as mentioned without exceeding the brief ( ;) !) and post your results. Because in IE the same site plays well and am wondering if it is unique to me. Is FF RC 2 the clue?
Dreams are REAL possibilities. Pursue them with zest and you can make them HAPPEN!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8
Alan Baxter
Ambassador

Post by Alan Baxter »

nagan wrote:Alan , clean "s" is present in the player and you have to leftclick allow the embedded shockwave object. Why you don't get a placeholder for that Real player object has been reasoned by Giorgio to be FF incompatiblity .
I don't have an incompatibility, nagan. The site works for me. You're the only one who seems to have a problem with it. Something in your configuration appears to be messed up, but you haven't given us enough information to help you fix it.
nagan

Post by nagan »

Here are the snapshots of the steps that I had listed.Even with FF 3.0.9 it is the same..

1.Image
2.Image
3.Image
4.Image

The only difference I could recall from my modest memory was in 3.0.8 the object was listed as "Shockwave" ,but in 3.0.9 it is a "Real" object.
therube
Ambassador

Post by therube »

Try a new Profile with nothing but Real & see if it crashes.
Again, but with JavaScript (manually) disabled. (I'd assume nothing would happen, i.e., the player wouldn't function.)
Re-enable JavaScript.
Install NoScript, all settings at default.
Try.
Allow raaga.com & try again. ...
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.21) Gecko/20090403 SeaMonkey/1.1.16
Alan Baxter
Ambassador

Post by Alan Baxter »

Thank you for the screenshots, nagan. I followed in your steps again. This time I had to refresh the popup with F5 before it would play the citibank ad followed by the song. It still works fine for me. I agree with therube's troubleshooting suggestion.

BTW, I now know how to build my family in India their dream home thanks to the wonderful financial services of Citibank. And I can sing Jai Ho in Hindi in my sleep.
nagan

Post by nagan »

therube wrote:Try a new Profile with nothing but Real & see if it crashes.
Again, but with JavaScript (manually) disabled. (I'd assume nothing would happen, i.e., the player wouldn't function.)
Re-enable JavaScript.
Install NoScript, all settings at default.
Try.
Allow raaga.com & try again. ...
As I mentioned in the first post ,with a clean profile WITH NO ADDONS AT ALL , the moment I click on the song ,FF will crash (of course as per therube's advisory it is equivalent to the attempt after re-anabling JavaScript)
Alan Baxter wrote: BTW, I now know how to build my family in India their dream home thanks to the wonderful financial services of Citibank. And I can sing Jai Ho in Hindi in my sleep.
:lol: Good Humour.WELCOME. We are the land where the human sciences (Yoga meditation & Spirituality) evolved. By the way Slumdog Millionaire picked up 8 Oscars and JaiHo got the best song Award. It has a newer version with Nicole Scherzinger of Pussycat Dolls.

I will conclude that the crash is unique to me and it has been automatically reported back to FF quiet a few times by the error reporting mechanism of FF.Let me hope they work on that...
Tom T.
Field Marshal

Post by Tom T. »

nagan wrote: We are the land where the human sciences (Yoga meditation & Spirituality) evolved. By the way Slumdog Millionaire picked up 8 Oscars and JaiHo got the best song Award. It has a newer version with Nicole Scherzinger of Pussycat Dolls.
Personally, I like the food.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US at an expert level; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20 diehard