Flash or JScript - popup?

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post

Flash or JScript - popup?

Post by Guest »

On Xvideos . com (NSWF / Adult site) a window is opened when clicking the 'play' button on a video for the first time loading "st r eamate . doub lepimp . com" (remove spaces). It stores a Flash cookie regarding the popup afterwards.

Can surrogates be used to prevent the window from opening? I am unable to inspect the swf and this is where it seems the code is located.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.9) Gecko/20100824 Firefox/3.6.9
therube
Ambassador

Re: Flash or JScript - popup?

Post by therube »

Couldn't seem to generate a popup.

JavaScript isn't really need on that site, the videos will play without it.
What you loose is the thumbnail "previews".

Safer without JavaScript.

Would think AdblockPlus could be used for blocking the popup, once you identify the offender.

Somewhere in these threads (though I didn't find it) I made mention of Flash cookies being used to determine when to "pop" an ad. Probably had to do with livejasmine.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.12) Gecko/20100825 SeaMonkey/2.0.7

Post by Guest »

The popups open even without Javascript. I exclusively allow the videoplayer by clicking the NoScript placeholder.

The "offender" is no external source that could be blocked, I already checked the entire source code of that page.

The popup is opening very reliable on the first visit and also every time I allow the videoplayer again because permissions for embeddings are just temporary and cookies are blocked. With cookies allowed the popup shows up at least once.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.9) Gecko/20100824 Firefox/3.6.9
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

You can try using a !@ surrogate like this:

Code: Select all

noscript.surrogate.closePopup.sources = !@streamate.doublepimp.com *.advertisment.com ^http://some.hother.host/ads/
noscript.surrogate.closePopup.replacement = close()
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.2.9) Gecko/20100824 Firefox/3.6.9

Post by Guest »

Thank you Giorgio, unfortunately the surrogate doesn't have the desired effect. I created it after your example and with the host site added as a source still nothing.

Does the surrogate need some modification I skipped?
Chris1

Post by Chris1 »

Does anyone have a solution for those nasty popups?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.15) Gecko/20110303 Firefox/3.6.15