Question re. NoScript blocked a <meta> redirection....

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
kukla

Question re. NoScript blocked a <meta> redirection....

Post by kukla »

I'm not certain when to "follow a redirection" or not. Is there any way to know beforehand if a redirection may be malicious or simply unwanted? If I don't "follow" the redirection, the page simply hangs where it is and so, if I want the desired content, I'm usually forced to follow it.
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:1.9.2.8) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: Question re. NoScript blocked a <meta> redirection....

Post by Giorgio Maone »

This functionality has been implemented to prevent the site from automatically sending you to a "dead end" page, designed to just tell you that you must enable JavaScript.
If the content you're looking for is not on the page where the redirection has been blocked, it's safe to follow it (in the worst case, you'll find another useless page and you'll realize that the site actually requires JavaScript to work).
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.2.8) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8
kukla

Re: Question re. NoScript blocked a <meta> redirection....

Post by kukla »

Thanks. What is interesting is that when I'm reading the NYTimes (without JS enabled) and I get that message, I can see if I switch to another browser -- I have AdBlock Plus on FF -- that it would lead to an advertisement.
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:1.9.2.8) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8