[Resolved] How to change the location of download folder?

Ask for help about FlashGot, no registration needed to post
tedthetrumpet

[Resolved] How to change the location of download folder?

Post by tedthetrumpet »

If I remember correctly, the first time I FlashGot something, it asked me where to save it. Now everything I get goes in that same directory; how do I change that? Mac Snow Leopard, Firefox 3.6.8, not using any download manager, just Firefox built-in.

tia
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:1.9.2.8) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8
therube
Ambassador

Re: How do I change the location of the download folder?

Post by therube »

Download folder is determined by your download manager or your FF settings (if using built-in).

You can set the FlashGot Temporary Directory; FlashGot | Options - Advanced.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.11) Gecko/20100701 SeaMonkey/2.0.6
RickSlick

Post by RickSlick »

Right now, I use FlashGot in combination with an add-on called "Download Manager Tweak"....see at:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/256/

or homepage:

http://dmextension.mozdev.org/

....*this may also help with some folks who have requested to have FlashGot queue for different download folders....it has an option for that....and both seem to work seamlessly with no problems. I also like the idea of the option for downloads in a sidebox, instead of the default external box.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.8) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8 FireTorrent/2.0.1 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
tedthetrumpet

Post by tedthetrumpet »

therube wrote:Download folder is determined by your download manager or your FF settings (if using built-in).
Hmm. Doesn't work here. My Firefox download folder is the default 'Downloads' folder on the mac, while FlashGot saves into, umm, some obscure folder where I saved something the first time I used it.
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:1.9.2.8) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

tedthetrumpet wrote:Hmm. Doesn't work here. My Firefox download folder is the default 'Downloads' folder on the mac, while FlashGot saves into, umm, some obscure folder where I saved something the first time I used it.
Try to check Tools|Options|Always ask me where to save files, then change the download directory for FlashGot when asked.
At this point, if you want not to be asked again, uncheck the aforementioned option.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.2.8) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8
tedthetrumpet

Post by tedthetrumpet »

Giorgio Maone wrote:
tedthetrumpet wrote:Hmm. Doesn't work here. My Firefox download folder is the default 'Downloads' folder on the mac, while FlashGot saves into, umm, some obscure folder where I saved something the first time I used it.
Try to check Tools|Options|Always ask me where to save files, then change the download directory for FlashGot when asked.
At this point, if you want not to be asked again, uncheck the aforementioned option.
Ok, thanks; that worked; flipped the prefs in Firefox, FlashGot asked me for a new folder, flipped them back again when done. Sorted :)