Netflix broken on Flock 2.6.1 after NoScript update

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
agsilva

Netflix broken on Flock 2.6.1 after NoScript update

Post by agsilva »

I am pretty sure NoScript's recent update killed Netflix playback for me in Flock (2.6.1 latest).

After NoScript updates today (I am on Mac OSX 10.4.11), Netflix playback in Flock gives me a white screen no matter what movie I try to play. I went through the Netflix website troubleshooter and it says that JavaScript must be enabled on my computer, but it clearly is and I don't have problems with other sites. Netflix is allowed in NoScript.

I wondered if something about NoScript was wonky (since it blocks JavaScript) and so I tried the following:
- I re-installed Silverlight (which is what Netflix uses I think).
- I tried Netflix on Firefox 3.6.8 with NoScript enabled (also most recent versions) and playback worked fine.
- I tried disabling NoScript on Flock and Netflix then worked fine.
- I re-enabled NoScript on Flock, Netflix gives me the white screen of death again on playback.
[Different movies tested BTW].

Hence my conclusion that something in the recent NoScript update is causing the problem.

I am just reporting this here in case anyone else has had the same problem and in case this helps tracking down some obscure bug in NoScript or helps to expose some problem with Flock. They are moving to Chromium soon but it isn't ready for the Mac yet. Anyway, thought this might help out. I'll just watch on Firefox for now.
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9.0.19) Gecko/2010062819 Firefox/3.0.19 Flock/2.6.1 FirePHP/0.4