AMO Link Fail

Discussion about the board itself, forums organization and site bugs.
dhouwn
Bug Buster

AMO Link Fail

Post by dhouwn »

1. Image
  2. Image
Last edited by dhouwn on Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.3a5pre) Gecko/20100419 Firefox/3.7
therube
Ambassador

Re: AMO Link Fail

Post by therube »

What link? URL?

NoScript is quite out of date, only showing 1.9.9.63 at this point.

NoScript :: Add-ons for SeaMonkey
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/722

Not unusual for AMO to be outdated, but running on 5 days now with NoScript.

PS: There was no .67 #dev/release ?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.9) Gecko/20100317 SeaMonkey/2.0.4
dhouwn
Bug Buster

Post by dhouwn »

The image hoster lost his domain, re-uploaded the images.
Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http://www.google.com/bot.html)
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

I have not had any problem with the AMO link and is usually pretty updated, unless there is a pending dev version floating, in which case the RSS for that keeps me posted. I know that sometimes AMO links fail saying the download is missing or something, I had been told that's due to the server being picked, usually a restart fixes that. And I don't think you mean the version number is wrong, because that is showing fine right now, and whenever I have had the need to check. Maybe this is some faulty localization issue with Fx/AMO?
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
dhouwn
Bug Buster

Post by dhouwn »

The problem is simply that it is an <iframe> and that when I click the link it is opened in the frame.

To sum it up, iframes are baaaaad (or '… considered harmful').
Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/3.0; +http://www.google.com/bot.html) Firefox/4.0
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Unfortunately I can't say I have ever seen iframes on AMO (I hardly need to be on there) but if they are on there, then certainly not good practice given that its one of the blocked "potentially" harmful or bad elements. However, at some point you either trust the site or you don't; although I am certainly sensitive to your concern about potentially bad coding that could create an exploitable situation and/or be hijacked or intercepted or whatever method of your choice; but simply said, the simple presence of an iframe doesn't make it evil.

Anyway, I have either missed your initial point, or we are talking about something else or perhaps we are all thinking of something different, but I will let Giorgio or others chime in on this from this point. Also, could be something that has to do with the developmental nature of the version of your Fx and its not behaving accordingly or as expected, not sure.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Again, having a Gecko UA would help ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
dhouwn
Bug Buster

Post by dhouwn »

GµårÐïåñ wrote:Unfortunately I can't say I have ever seen iframes on AMO (I hardly need to be on there)
It's on the NoScript site: http://noscript.net/getit
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/533.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/5.0.375.9 Safari/533.4
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

dhouwn wrote:
GµårÐïåñ wrote:Unfortunately I can't say I have ever seen iframes on AMO (I hardly need to be on there)
Ok, you are talking about NoScript.net, since I trust Giorgio and have the site whitelisted, its not an issue for me; plus I am pretty sure its part of the ajax coding, I could be wrong. As he has already said, it seems that having the proper element in the UA fixes it, so let us know if that works for you. As for the use of iframes and why, I again will defer to Giorgio, if he's using it, I am sure it has a purpose and again simple use of a certified html element, doesn't make it evil, its how its coded and used that could create problems.
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

GµårÐïåñ wrote:
dhouwn wrote:
Ok, you are talking about NoScript.net, since I trust Giorgio and have the site whitelisted, its not an issue for me;
It's the famous "Benign Clickjacking" I talked about here.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Giorgio Maone wrote:It's the famous "Benign Clickjacking" I talked about here.
Yes that's the one, thank you for the link again.