update: Adobe Flash Player 10.0.45.2 Released

Talk about internet security, computer security, personal security, your social security number...
therube
Ambassador

update: Adobe Flash Player 10.0.45.2 Released

Post by therube »

Adobe Flash Player 10.0.45.2 Released

Install Adobe Flash Player
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Install a different version of Adobe Flash Player
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

Direct links for downloadable versions:

Flash Player 10.0.45.2 stand-alone .EXE installer for IE, 1.9 MB
http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashpl ... yer_ax.exe

Flash Player 10.0.45.2 stand-alone .EXE installer for Netscape (Mozilla/Opera), 1.9 MB
http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/fl ... player.exe

How to uninstall the Adobe Flash Player plug-in and ActiveX control
Uninstaller v4.0.0.21, 200KB.
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgeb ... d=tn_14157
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20100104 SeaMonkey/2.0.2
therube
Ambassador

Re: update: Adobe Flash Player 10.0.45.2 Released

Post by therube »

Security update available for Adobe Flash Player

Release date: February 11, 2010

Last updated: February 12, 2010

Vulnerability identifier: APSB10-06

CVE number: CVE-2010-0186, CVE-2010-0187

Platform: All Platforms
Summary

A critical vulnerability has been identified in Adobe Flash Player version 10.0.42.34 and earlier. This vulnerability (CVE-2010-0186) could subvert the domain sandbox and make unauthorized cross-domain requests.

Adobe recommends users of Adobe Flash Player 10.0.42.34 and earlier versions update to Adobe Flash Player 10.0.45.2. Adobe recommends users of Adobe AIR version 1.5.3.9120 and earlier versions update to Adobe AIR 1.5.3.9130.
Affected software versions

Adobe Flash Player 10.0.42.34 and earlier versions
Adobe AIR 1.5.3.9120 and earlier versions

To verify the Adobe Flash Player version number installed on your system, access the About Flash Player page, or right-click on content running in Flash Player and select "About Adobe (or Macromedia) Flash Player" from the menu. If you use multiple browsers, perform the check for each browser you have installed on your system.

To verify the Adobe AIR version number installed on your system, access the Adobe AIR TechNote for instructions.
Solution

Adobe Flash Player
Adobe recommends all users of Adobe Flash Player 10.0.42.34 and earlier versions upgrade to the newest version 10.0.45.2 by downloading it from the Adobe Flash Player Download Center or by using the auto-update mechanism within the product when prompted.

Adobe AIR
Adobe recommends all users of Adobe AIR version 1.5.3.9120 and earlier update to the newest version 1.5.3.9130 by downloading it from the Adobe AIR Download Center.
Severity rating

Adobe categorizes this as a critical update and recommends affected users update their installations to the newest versions.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20100104 SeaMonkey/2.0.2
Aerik

Re: update: Adobe Flash Player 10.0.45.2 Released

Post by Aerik »

This update was just infuriating. I didn't know it was time for an update until Youtube decided to tell me my flash was out of date, and refused to play any videos.

So I went to adobe.com to get the update. What does it give me? It installs TWO plugins. One is an extension called "getplus" and another is a plugin called the adobe DLM (down load manager). You have to let them go through their schpiel until it downloads and installs your update, then forces you to restart your pc before it's all said and done, or else you're stuck with 2 useless plugins and you still can't watch half the videos you want to.

I find out after exhaustive searching that there's a trick to download the normal install_flash_player.exe and do it that way, but adobe makes it way too hard.

And why do they have to make it so hard just to upgrade a sub-version of Flash? I don't know. Just to prove they can, I guess. Adobe/macromedia, Sun java, microsoft, and numerous other corporate entities seem to get a kick out of ignoring AMO's policies and forcing users to take a beating to use their product. Even the popular media player Winamp is doing it, I found, after a small update. I have TWO microsoft DRM plugins that won't go away, even though I can disable them.

Then after I finally got flash properly updated, I found youtube videos still refused to work. Don't ask me how it came to this, but it turns out youtube wants cookies specifically from the domains www.youtube.com and c.youtube.com , who knows what for. Presumably the latter cookie is for checking your flash version.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 BetterPrivacy-1.47 Firefox/3.6