Disable all third party javascripts

General discussion about the NoScript extension for Firefox
NoScriptUser

Disable all third party javascripts

Post by NoScriptUser »

I installed noscript to try and get control over third party scripts.
Maybe I'm missing something, however I can't see any way to disable just third party scripts globally.

If I disable all scripts globally, then this this disables all the local scripts needed for a webpage to work properly.
I don't want to block javascripts coming from the same site as the web content, which is what noscript appears to be doing.

Is there any way to block just third party scripts globally? Some sites require third party scripts, but it's far easier to whitelist those if they're necessary.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20
Alan Baxter
Ambassador

Re: Disable all third party javascripts

Post by Alan Baxter »

NoScriptUser wrote:I don't want to block javascripts coming from the same site as the web content, which is what noscript appears to be doing.
Tick NoScript Options > General > Temporarily allow top-level sites by default
This automatically allows JavaScript coming from the web content. Any third-party scripts won't run unless you Allow or Temporarily Allow them.

Hope this helps. Please let us know whether it does.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8
luntrus

Re: Disable all third party javascripts

Post by luntrus »

Hi NoScript user,

There is an add-on where you can do that with one click, called PrefSwitch: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6485 So where it says JS at the bottom of the browser give left click and add a tag before preventthird,
If you want to block all third party content use RequestPolicy and enable it for the sites you do not want requests allowed to, get it here : https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/9727/
But NoScript installed is an absolute must to have yourself protected completely script-wise in the browser.
I work all three add-ons in my Minefield Build together withthe Perspectives add-on and these four security add-ons work together like a charm,

luntrus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2a1pre) Gecko/20090404 Minefield/3.6a1pre