Firefox can't restore Noscript_data

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
Quest

Firefox can't restore Noscript_data

Post by Quest »

I’d like to restore my old Win 7 NoScript settings but Firefox don’t let me.
Funnily FF allows me to save the settings but not fetch saved settings (nothing happens if I try).
This is, I think, Firefox (user/profile) problem because FF doesn’t allow me save or fetch the bookmarks either. New clean profile doesn’t help but if I log in as admin, there Firefox works OK.
I wonder if there’s any other way to restore NS settings or what’s better how fix Firefox to do that as it should. Mozilla’s help doesn’t help.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0
barbaz

Re: Firefox can't restore Noscript_data

Post by barbaz »

When this issue occurs, do you see anything related in the Browser Console (Ctrl-Shift-J) or about:debugging > This Firefox > NoScript, Console?
(if you don't know what's related, turn off CSS warnings and post everything else you see)
Quest wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:44 am New clean profile doesn’t help but if I log in as admin, there Firefox works OK.
Does it work as another non-admin user as well?
Have you got unusual permissions on the affected user's AppData folders for Firefox? or any third-party security software that maybe affecting access to these folders?
Quest wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:44 am I wonder if there’s any other way to restore NS settings
Do you have the storage-sync-v2.sqlite (& .sqlite-shm & .sqlite-wal) files from the Firefox profile whose NoScript settings you're trying to restore?
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 17_3_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/17.3 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1
Quest

Post by Quest »

Thank You barbaz, but now this seems to be really weird because the same problem occurs when trying to fetch attachment into e-mail (yahoo). Looks like the open/save dialog does not respond (open) at all. No need to say that as admin everything works well. And Chrome as normal user too.

I think that the Browser Console shows anything interesting.
Because this machine is not my main computer and obsolete as hell, I think that I give up this issue because everything else seems to work.
And I always can get and put the bookmarks from/to the bookmarksbackup folder. And Firefox can restore them from there.
And to my surprise the noscript_data.txt is saved into the downloads folder although there's no response when I press the export button in Noscript.

The only problem is that I can't restore noscript_data.txt.
Of course I have it somewhere in my saved profile folder, but where it is buried?
I don’t mind copying the whole profile if I ever needed to restore the data.

Still another storage location: Where does Firefox save settings that you can make true/false in about:config, eg. accessibility.force_disabled?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Quest wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:36 pm have it somewhere in my saved profile folder, but where it is buried?
viewtopic.php?p=103393#p103393

(possibly also relevant here: viewtopic.php?p=107283#p107283 )
Quest wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:36 pm Still another storage location: Where does Firefox save settings that you can make true/false in about:config, eg. accessibility.force_disabled?
off-topic: prefs.js
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 17_3_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/17.3 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1