Why aren’t my add-ons working on some websites?

Talk about internet security, computer security, personal security, your social security number...
therube
Ambassador

Why aren’t my add-ons working on some websites?

Post by therube »

mozillazine: addons-restricted-domains Huh?

mozilla: Why aren’t my add-ons working on some websites?
Certain Firefox users may come across a desktop notification indicating that their add-ons have been disabled for particular websites. In Firefox versions 113, 114 and ESR, we have introduced a system add-on developed by Mozilla that disables extensions on specific websites for various reasons, including security concerns.

Our team is working continuously to develop this functionality and to provide users the ability to manage these restrictions for each individual add-on in the future.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.18
barbaz

Re: Why aren’t my add-ons working on some websites?

Post by barbaz »

Having trouble accessing some of the links, so IIUC:

To disable this completely:

Code: Select all

about:config
set extensions.webextensions.addons-restricted-domains@mozilla.com.disabled to true
set extensions.quarantinedDomains.enabled to false
restart FF
And it looks like the quarantinedDomains variant of this might (later) come with the ability for user to exempt individual addons from this restrictions? - https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/ ... b3f4e528cb

I'm unable to access any of the Github links at all? EDIT Was able to access the Github links, but could not find explanation of why Mozilla is doing this.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/114.0
barbaz

Re: Why aren’t my add-ons working on some websites?

Post by barbaz »

barbaz wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:14 pm And it looks like the quarantinedDomains variant of this might (later) come with the ability for user to exempt individual addons from this restrictions?
It does indeed in Firefox 116. Note that the UI for this does not show up while the quarantinedDomains feature is disabled completely - in that case, to use this UI first requires enabling quarantinedDomains, then reloading any open about:addons pages that are open to a specific addon's details.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/116.0