Someone do NoScript Extension for Safari?

Bug reports and enhancement requests
Snappynator

Someone do NoScript Extension for Safari?

Post by Snappynator »

I don't know if I'm in the right place, but I'll ask my question here.

I'm trying to get rid of firefox and surf online with safari on my mac, but I'm missing only one plugin: the NoScript Extension.

Since I'm unfortunately too incapable of programming such a thing or creating it using open source code. More and more websites have a java script that I don't like. could some of you make an extension for safari browser? that would be very nice.
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/16.3 Safari/605.1.15
barbaz

Re: Someone do NoScript Extension for Safari?

Post by barbaz »

Moving to NoScript Development
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/111.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

I'm not familiar with Safari's WebExtension support, so no idea if this is technically possible or not - nor any idea how the feature set of a hypothetical NoScript for Safari would (have to, based on API support) compare to NoScript for Firefox and NoScript for Chromium.

If it is technically possible to port NoScript to Safari, just leaving this here in case it's helpful - https://palant.info/2016/08/17/safari-e ... explained/
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/111.0
Snappynator

Post by Snappynator »

On Mac, there is a Web-Extension Converter for Safari:
https://developer.apple.com/documentati ... for_safari

But after I try to convert it over the Terminal, I get this "Error Message":
Unable to parse manifest.json
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/16.3 Safari/605.1.15
Snappynator

Post by Snappynator »

Since this thread has been quiet lately, a few days ago I tried to make the NoScript Extension for Safari myself using the source code on GitHub. There was only one thing I could do... change images and make it work. If any of you have a mac and know how to code, download Xcode. Most of the Safari Extension need Javascript and Swift experience. It would be nice, if someone could do it... T_T

I've uploaded the project-file:

Download-Link: https://www.transfernow.net/dl/20230403uDeVsKGJ
Password of the File: SnappyTry

Name of the Project: NoScript for Safari

I hope, someone could do with this a little bit.
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/16.4 Safari/605.1.15
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Snappynator wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:10 pm Since this thread has been quiet lately, a few days ago I tried to make the NoScript Extension for Safari myself using the source code on GitHub. There was only one thing I could do... change images and make it work. If any of you have a mac and know how to code, download Xcode. Most of the Safari Extension need Javascript and Swift experience. It would be nice, if someone could do it... T_T

I've uploaded the project-file:

[...]

I hope, someone could do with this a little bit.
Just letting you know this was not ignored: I tried to bring it to the attention of some other members of forum staff who have more resources than I do on this subject, one of them has now taken a quick look & intends to check it out in more detail when they get the chance. Unfortunately they have a lot on their plate atm so could still be some time. Thanks for your patience.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/112.0
Snappynator

Post by Snappynator »

Since no one has tried to do NoScript Plugin for Safari, I used the Xcode to convert the NoScript Extension. I don't know if this Safari extension works, but if someone can do it, it would be nice. I just converted it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1frG6Gg ... share_link

I'm too stupid to reprogram this addon into safari browser, but maybe one or more of you can reprogram this safari extension so that it works.
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/17.3 Safari/605.1.15