Bug Report - Google Maps and Mikrotik

Bug reports and enhancement requests
charlesaf3

Bug Report - Google Maps and Mikrotik

Post by charlesaf3 »

For some reason the latest versions of noscript block google maps from working. They also won't allow public hotspots based on ?Mikrotik?. I think it might be based on cross scripting - all javascript is allowed.

Blocking google maps in particular makes noscript pretty unusable, so I hope someone can fix this for those of us with an only moderately technical bent

Thanks

Charles
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
therube
Ambassador

Re: Bug Report - Google Maps and Mikrotik

Post by therube »

maps.google.com looks to be working here. Try a Standard diagnostic.

For MikroTik, is there any related message in the Error Console?

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.23) Gecko/20090825 SeaMonkey/1.1.18
charlesaf3

Post by charlesaf3 »

therube wrote:maps.google.com looks to be working here. Try a Standard diagnostic.

For MikroTik, is there any related message in the Error Console?

Mikrotik has an "ABE" related error? That section pushes past my understanding level. ie works fine, and Noscript worked fine until a few builds ago
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Grumpy Old Lady

Post by Grumpy Old Lady »

I am also unable to confirm any problem with google maps.
So that those who do have the experience may help you, would you kindly copy/paste the ABE message/s that you see in Tools|Error Console?
If there are any additional NoScript messages at the same time, these are also needed to diagnose your problem/s.
You are also strongly advised to follow the Standard Diagnostic method as linked to by therube if you want to eliminate common Fx problems and extension conflicts.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3
charlesaf3

Post by charlesaf3 »

Grumpy Old Lady wrote:I am also unable to confirm any problem with google maps.
So that those who do have the experience may help you, would you kindly copy/paste the ABE message/s that you see in Tools|Error Console?
If there are any additional NoScript messages at the same time, these are also needed to diagnose your problem/s.
You are also strongly advised to follow the Standard Diagnostic method as linked to by therube if you want to eliminate common Fx problems and extension conflicts.
I think the google maps problem is that my firefox is corrupted. Ran firefox in safe mode, and still had the problem. Set up a new profile, and it went away. So I'll do a clean install of firefox.

The mikrotik issue seems to be a cross scripting one. Is there any way to temporarily disable the cross scripting blocker in noscript while trying to use such a hotspot?
Grumpy Old Lady

Post by Grumpy Old Lady »

I think the google maps problem is that my firefox is corrupted. Ran firefox in safe mode, and still had the problem. Set up a new profile, and it went away. So I'll do a clean install of firefox.
If the new clean profile works for you, there's no need to reinstall Fx, unless of course you continue to get problems.
It's quite common to get profile corruption, but much less common to get Fx corruption - overall :-)
The mikrotik issue seems to be a cross scripting one.
How do you make that decision, are you getting a cross-scripting warning message?
Can you report any message/s you get when you are prevented from accessing the hotspot?
Is there any way to temporarily disable the cross scripting blocker in noscript while trying to use such a hotspot?
A user is able to make exceptions for sites and cross-scripting, as they are also able to do for ABE filtering.
But before that can be done, the power users in here will need the details in the ABE/NS messages that you are getting so that they can help you to input any exceptions you want to make.
If you're having difficulty with usability of the Tools|Error Console, or getting screenshots, don't hesitate to ask for more basic instructions. Everybody here has been a new user at one time :-)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3
charlesaf3

Post by charlesaf3 »

Grumpy Old Lady wrote:
If the new clean profile works for you, there's no need to reinstall Fx, unless of course you continue to get problems.
It's quite common to get profile corruption, but much less common to get Fx corruption - overall :-)
The mikrotik issue seems to be a cross scripting one.
How do you make that decision, are you getting a cross-scripting warning message?
Can you report any message/s you get when you are prevented from accessing the hotspot?
Is there any way to temporarily disable the cross scripting blocker in noscript while trying to use such a hotspot?
A user is able to make exceptions for sites and cross-scripting, as they are also able to do for ABE filtering.
But before that can be done, the power users in here will need the details in the ABE/NS messages that you are getting so that they can help you to input any exceptions you want to make.
If you're having difficulty with usability of the Tools|Error Console, or getting screenshots, don't hesitate to ask for more basic instructions. Everybody here has been a new user at one time :-)
I'll try to post about it the next time I'm using the hotspot - should have an opportunity tonight.

Basically the ABE/crosscripting box pops up. I've no real idea what to allow or deny though - its pretty cryptic.