No CAPTCHA unless NoScript is disabled

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
barbaz

Re: No CAPTCHA unless NoScript is disabled

Post by barbaz »

The reason it's confusing to you is that 3 completely different, separate issues have been raised in this thread...
Skeezix wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:56 pm When I go to windows10forums.com with NoScript enabled and try to register I get a message that says "You did not complete the CAPTCHA verification properly." because there is no Captcha on the registration page. If I disable NoScript I then see the Captcha on that page.
Skeezix wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:56 pm if I type "No Captcha Unless NoScript Is Disabled" in the Subject box of this post, I get a message about your spam filter not accepting the post.
Skeezix wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:07 pm NoScript did not give me cross-tab warnings for years and now it does for about 1/4 the sites I regularly visit.
... but you're treating them as though they're all part of one single underlying issue, even though each one involves a completely different software component (respectively: NoScript script permissions, InformAction Forums server-side board software, NoScript cross-tab identity leak protection). That would be pretty confusing to anyone.

If you wish to drop this, that's fine and it's your choice, but I think we could get further if we keep this thread focused only on the windows10forums CAPTCHA issue from now on. Either way, please let us know what you would like to do here, thanks.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
Skeezix

Post by Skeezix »

Sounds good to me. I would like to pursue the first option. Please bear in mind that I was able to register after I disabled NoScript.
* HP Pavilion Desktop 510-p114
* Windows 10 Home 22H2 19045.3208
* Firefox 115.0.2 Thunderbird 112.13.0
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:95.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/95.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Ok.
Skeezix wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:48 pm I tried adding "hcaptcha.com" to my Per-Site permissions page and setting it to "Trusted". Hcaptcha.com now appears as trusted with a white unlocked padlock inside a red-filled circle.
So now that you have this entry, if you set windows10forums to TRUSTED, does the CAPTCHA on the windows10forums registration page show up?

Since you already did register there, no need to solve the CAPTCHA. Just making sure it shows up should be enough.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-