Disable scripts globally (pause NoScript) per tab until closed

Bug reports and enhancement requests
blinkymouse

Disable scripts globally (pause NoScript) per tab until closed

Post by blinkymouse »

I have some understanding of how to use NoScript. I am not a programmer. I have a feature request.

Please consider adding the ability to allow scripts globally on a single tab, until closed. The issue I keep finding is that in the process of registration or paying via credit card at one site, at some point it forwards me to another site to complete the transaction, but new scripts are required and so completing the transaction fails. I understand that I could then enable scripts on the new page (e.g. the credit card processing site) but then it requires resubmission of the data, which seems problematic because the site says "do not refresh this page or you may be charged twice!" or some such. I also understand that I can disable restrictions globally (dangerous!) but since I generally have many tabs open, this is also a nonviable solution (and also presents the danger of forgetting to re-enable.)

The ability to disable restrictions globally on a per-tab basis, only until the tab is closed, would be very useful and would solve every problem and issue I've described. If possible, please implement? Thanks!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.0
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: Disable scripts globally (pause NoScript) per tab until closed

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Unless I'm missing something, you're talking about the "Disable restrictions for this tab" button, the one with the red exclamation mark inscribed in a stylized tab just on the right of "Disable restrictions globally".
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:79.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/79.0