Post by someuser711 »

Hi

Using Noscript with Firefox I fail to pay per Paypal in german ebay
Ebay.de PayPal Login Fails FFox76.0.1-NoScript11.0.30

I allowed
ebay.de ebay.com ebaystatic.com
paypal.com paypalobjects.com
Nothing else.

I get a separate PayPal window opened. I enter my user name. Then a busy animation plays endlessly.

This worked fine a few days ago. I do not think there was a browser update since then, but I am not 100% sure. My guess its on the paypal server side.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:76.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/76.0

Re: Ebay PayPal Login Fails FFox76.0.1-NoScript11.0.30

Post by Guest »

Update:

- paypal login on their homepage works fine with the NoScript settigns. So the problem must be ebay.de/ebay.com.
I would be glad if someone could post what she/he had enabled to get this working. There is some new "quantummetric.com" but these did not resolve the problem. Then I has some cryptic couldfront.net script which I also would not like to have active when entering my paypal credentials....

PS:
I checked the forum, but maybe I did not seee the right place. Is there a static post with a list of minimum services per website? I am sure the list is quite long, but I think it would be very helpful to have something to look up what services are required. For example
forum.informaction.com you need: informaction.com, google.com (for catchpa), gstatic.com (for what acutally?)

PS²:
BTW, dear InformAction team, it is absolutely great that you run this forum without enforced login. This is actually the first end-user oriented forum that I can use without creating a login to post a question. In over 15 years!
BIG THANKS!!!!
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:76.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/76.0
Jackalused

Post by Jackalused »

Confirmed on FX 68.10.1 and NoScript 11.0.34

I allowed forter.com (seemingly, a new, anti fraud service, used by eBay)
I investigated quantummetric.com and they are just the sort of nebulous, slithery sounding outfit that I hope to exclude. My adblocker badlists them by default.

Both PayPal and card payment methods fail after requiring fresh detail entering (even though eBay knew my details)

Any advice?
Mozilla/5.0 (Android 7.1.2; Mobile; rv:68.0) Gecko/68.0 Firefox/68.0
Jackalused

Post by Jackalused »

And this was on eBay.co.uk
Mozilla/5.0 (Android 7.1.2; Mobile; rv:68.0) Gecko/68.0 Firefox/68.0