Firefox + Sandboxie => "In order to operate on this tab, NoScript needs to reload it. Proceed?"

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
justin12

Firefox + Sandboxie => "In order to operate on this tab, NoScript needs to reload it. Proceed?"

Post by justin12 »

I've used Sandboxie + Firefox for years without problems. In the past month or so, I noticed that when I use Sandboxie, Firefox gives me the

In order to operate on this tab, NoScript needs to reload it. Proceed?

on some (but not all) pages. Nothing else I do helps me see the page then.

Example: when I go to "https://covid19.healthdata.org/" I see ... oh oops, looks like I can't upload my screenshot here :-) ... anyway, I see the bolded error above and nothing seems to get me past it.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.0
barbaz

Re: Firefox + Sandboxie => "In order to operate on this tab, NoScript needs to reload it. Proceed?"

Post by barbaz »

What version of NoScript are you using?
What makes you think this is related to your use of Sandboxie?
Could this be caused by a Firefox update?
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
justin12

Re: Firefox + Sandboxie => "In order to operate on this tab, NoScript needs to reload it. Proceed?"

Post by justin12 »

barbaz wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 2:31 pmWhat version of NoScript are you using?
barbaz wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 2:31 pmWhat makes you think this is related to your use of Sandboxie?
Because when I open the same pages in Firefox outside of Sandboxie, they work fine.
barbaz wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 2:31 pmCould this be caused by a Firefox update?
Firefox is the same version inside and outside of Sandboxie. (68.8.0esr)

If it helps, I am on Windows 10 Pro, build 1903.
bo elam

Post by bo elam »

justin12 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 2:25 pm I've used Sandboxie + Firefox for years without problems. In the past month or so, I noticed that when I use Sandboxie, Firefox gives me the

In order to operate on this tab, NoScript needs to reload it. Proceed?

on some (but not all) pages. Nothing else I do helps me see the page then.

Example: when I go to "https://covid19.healthdata.org/" I see ... oh oops, looks like I can't upload my screenshot here :-) ... anyway, I see the bolded error above and nothing seems to get me past it.
Hi Justin, I haven't experienced any issues between NoScript and Sandboxie as long as I can remember. I tested the covid19 link you posted a few times in the last couple hours, and the website opens up just fine in sandboxed Firefox.

I am right now using Firefox 76.0.1, NoScript 11.0.26 and Sandboxie 5.33.6.

I see you are using an older version of Firefox but I suggest you upgrade Sandboxie to 5.33.6 if you are using something older. This is the latest and the version you should be on at this time. The next Sandboxie version will be the first as open source. You can follow development here.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads ... ce.428156/

Bo
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:76.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/76.0
justin12

Post by justin12 »

bo elam wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:51 pm Hi Justin, I haven't experienced any issues between NoScript and Sandboxie as long as I can remember. I tested the covid19 link you posted a few times in the last couple hours, and the website opens up just fine in sandboxed Firefox.
Thanks Bo,

My Firefox version is actually the latest (for ESR channel). My Sandboxie version is 5.33.3.

I just tried the page again and it loaded just fine, but other pages don't. E.g. walmart.com page now shows the same issue :-(

So, unfortunately, this appears to be an intermittent issue for any given site but I see it a lot.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

What other extensions do you have?
Could something in your Sandboxie be interfering with NoScript's ability to make, and then intercept & block, request attempts matching one of the following patterns? -

Code: Select all

https://255.255.255.255/moz-extension://*
https://sync-messages.invalid/moz-extension://*
(I'm not sure the sync-messages.invalid pattern is still used?)
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
bo elam

Post by bo elam »

justin12 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 6:28 pm
I just tried the page again and it loaded just fine, but other pages don't. E.g. walmart.com page now shows the same issue :-(

So, unfortunately, this appears to be an intermittent issue for any given site but I see it a lot.
I just tried walmart.com, and opens fine for me.

Two things you can try that are related to SBIE: 1. If you don't set your sandbox contents to be deleted automatically on closing of sandboxed Firefox, then delete contents manually. I don't know when was last time you updated Firefox, but doing this is necessary sometimes, specially after doing a browser update. Running a new version of Firefox in a sandbox with old content can cause issues, sometimes. And 2. Create a new sandbox, don't copy settings (for this test, copying and using old settings is exactly what you don't want to do) and test and see if things work better for you.

Bo
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:76.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/76.0