Code: Select all
1. In about:support note that NoScript is detected as "11.0.12rc2" 2. In about:addons 3. Check for Updates 4. Open a another Tab and look at about:support Note that NoScript is STILL detected as "11.0.12rc2"
Did NoScript Update?
Is there something missing in 11.0.13rc1?
Short summary 2020-01-20:
Issue: NoScript Updates Fail
Firefox users, on the NoScript BETA channel, when doing a 'Check for Updates'
either automatically or via "about:addons".
A 'new version' is Available but NoScript fails to Update.
The consensus includes:
* The 'NoScript you had', e.g. 11.0.12rc2, is still working.
* Firefox users will not gain any benefit from 11.0.13rc1. Either BETA 11.0.12rc2 or RELEASE 11.0.12
are the 'best versions', at this point in time, for Firefox users.
* It is possible to 'directly Install 11.0.12rc2' (see below).
* It is possible to Install 11.0.13rc1 in Waterfox Current (barbaz has)
or, if you 'bypass XPI signing checks in ESR', in Firefox 68.4.1esr (see below).
Cause: the XPI is not signed
Proposed fix: Upload a signed XPI (11.0.13rc2 - or higher)
ETA #1, on 2020-01-13, Added "- Failed" to the Subject.
ETA #2, on 2020-01-20, Added ", XPI is not signed" to the Subject.
(so that it is clearer / more obvious for Giorgio and others)
and the "Short summary 2020-01-20:".
ETA #3, on 2020-02-12, Added "[Resolved] at the start of the Subject. See also
I also documented tests done in that post.