Options screen not working

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
NotHappywithFB

Options screen not working

Post by NotHappywithFB »

I just installed NoScript on SlimJet, a fork of Chrome. Had used it before on Firefox.

Went to the Options screen but nothing works there. There are four tabs but trying to switch does nothing. It stays the same no matter what I do.

I need it for Facebook. The last couple of weeks they have started some new scripting that eats up all memory and CPU.

Just one tab open will consume 1/4 to 1/3 a GIG of RAM plus ALL of CPU. That is with nothing going on, no clicking, commenting, forwarding, anything, just sitting there.

I leave my computer on overnight and by morning each FB tab is up to nearly 1/2 GIG of RAM! It continuously eats RAM. I can no longer use FB reasonably. When I do make a comment, it is so slow, maybe a three-line comment takes five minutes!

I want to be able to block everything on FB except the scripts needed for functionality. I know that if I stop the page loading, then I cannot make a comment, as apparently that script is one of the last to load.

I use FB all the time and this has really hurt. I do not need to see all my Friends and all the hoopdeewhoo graphics every time I go to my profile page. I need functionality, not "beauty".
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/50.0.2661.75 Safari/537.36
barbaz

Re: Options screen not working

Post by barbaz »

Slimjet is not a supported browser, and Chrome 50 based is rather old (I assume you posted from your Slimjet). Does it work for you on a current version of Chromium or Chrome?
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
NotHappywithFB

Post by NotHappywithFB »

Have no idea and cannot test.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/50.0.2661.75 Safari/537.36
NotHappywithFB

Post by NotHappywithFB »

Should NOT be a problem, unless this is a lie in the Chrome store:

Overview

Compatible with your device
Maximum protection for your browser: NoScript allows active content only for trusted domains of your choice to prevent exploitation.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

NotHappywithFB wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:28 pm Should NOT be a problem, unless this is a lie in the Chrome store:
Looks like it is a lie. I tried installing NoScript in Chromium 50.0.2661.0, and it's totally DOA, including in exactly the way you describe.

Probably Giorgio needs to determine and set the minimum chrome version in manifest.json.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-