Hide "Always-Blocked" Domains in Expandable Menu

Bug reports and enhancement requests
jimw

Hide "Always-Blocked" Domains in Expandable Menu

Post by jimw »

Feature Enhancement Request

There are some domains that I never allow. It would be valuable to offer users the ability to hide "always-blocked" domains from the blocked list. These domain get in the way and clutter up the list. These domains could be hidden in an expandable menu below the blocked list. If the user needed to allow all, the collapsed menu would expand before the user was allowed to enable all. The structure could look something like this:

Thanks for your consideration.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0
barbaz

Re: Hide "Always-Blocked" Domains in Expandable Menu

Post by barbaz »

Hmm, that seems overly complicated. How about just providing the option to hide Untrusted entries in such an expandable menu? NoScript Classic does similar by default, and "always-block" is the main point of the Untrusted state anyway.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
jimw

Post by jimw »

If I understand your post correctly, hiding untrusted entries would hide everything that was no explicitly trusted. And the list of domain might vary by page visited. By selecting the entries that would never be trusted, the user would be making an active choice to hide them, simplifying the menu and removing noise. Always-block differs from untrusted because the user is saying "Don't show me these anymore".
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

jimw wrote:If I understand your post correctly, hiding untrusted entries would hide everything that was no explicitly trusted.
No, I mean hiding the entries that are EXPLICITLY set as Untrusted.
-
NSisGood

Post by NSisGood »

+1. Hiding the entries that are EXPLICITLY set as Untrusted is exactly what I was to propose. I would also suggest to hide them from the counter on NS icon on FF toolbar.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:65.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/65.0
Compuitguy

Post by Compuitguy »

+1
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:66.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/66.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

barbaz wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:37 pm How about just providing the option to hide Untrusted entries in such an expandable menu?
Bump.

I would also like to request this feature for NoScript Options > Per-site Permissions. I just now tried NoScript 10 with my daily-use profile, and there are so many Untrusted entries that it's near-impossible for me to use that interface to manage my whitelist. Grouping and collapsing the Untrusted entries would completely fix this significant usability problem.
-