Downloading x.php and such instead of desired file.

General discussion about the FlashGot extension for Firefox
avada

Downloading x.php and such instead of desired file.

Post by avada »

Hi!
I quite commonly run into links where if I want to download with flashgot get something like an index.php or download.php when I use ctrl+F1 but it works when I click on it first then use flashgot. Why is that? Also there are links that I can't really download download managers. Because they download the index.php even if I have the firefox download window open first then use flashgot. I had a problem like this with rapid8 and downthemall (https://bugs.downthemall.net/ticket/2018), whether I combined it with flashgot or not. By the way all managers downloaded index.php, only that version of DTA worked for some reason...
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:9.0a1) Gecko/20110914 Firefox/9.0a1
therube
Ambassador

Re: Downloading x.php and such instead of desired file.

Post by therube »

URLs where this occurs?

Not every download link is/can be resolved by FlashGot.
Common on sourceforge.net.
Some links are not "links", but links to a link to a link that is the actual download.

Some sites will not allow you to download using a download manager.
Some sites will not allow you to download using a download manager if specific conditions are not met. Like if they are using a "method" <POST/GET> & your download manager does not support the method, or looking for a particular "useragent" <like your browsers> & instead is seeing your download manager's <hence different> & so does not permit the download.

Open & look at x.php (in a text editor). It may give you clues.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:7.0) Gecko/20110910 Firefox/7.0 SeaMonkey/2.4
avada

Post by avada »

therube wrote:URLs where this occurs?

Not every download link is/can be resolved by FlashGot.
Common on sourceforge.net.
Some links are not "links", but links to a link to a link that is the actual download.
Well rapid8.com is the site I mentioned.
therube wrote:Some sites will not allow you to download using a download manager.
Some sites will not allow you to download using a download manager if specific conditions are not met. Like if they are using a "method" <POST/GET> & your download manager does not support the method, or looking for a particular "useragent" <like your browsers> & instead is seeing your download manager's <hence different> & so does not permit the download.

Open & look at x.php (in a text editor). It may give you clues.
But can't download managers/flashgot manage user agent and other metadata?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:9.0a1) Gecko/20110915 Firefox/9.0a1
therube
Ambassador

Post by therube »

> can't download managers/flashgot manage user agent and other metadata?

But sometimes it is not enough.
One example, please add "user agent" to placeholder menu.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:7.0) Gecko/20110910 Firefox/7.0 SeaMonkey/2.4