Multiple downloaders?

General discussion about the FlashGot extension for Firefox
Dekan

Multiple downloaders?

Post by Dekan »

Hello everybody.

I've tried to find some information about this topic, but I was unsuccessful.

I would like to know if it is/will be possible to use multiple downloaders with FlashGot.
An example of this idea would be the following.
You have 2 (or more) donwloaders: FDM and JDownloader. FDM is usually used for a regular plain simple http/ftp downloads while JD is used for Free File Hosting servers (rapidshare etc). It would be great to be able to set one downloader as the primary downloader and the other one(s) as secondary. Primary or the default downloader would be "treated" as it is currently (items in context menus for the downloader, option in the download dialog etc...) while the secondary would be treated in such way that the additional items would be created in context menu (Download with...).

Is this possible/planned to be done?

Thank you very much in advance.

Bye!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.7) Gecko/20100713 Firefox/3.6.7
therube
Ambassador

Re: Multiple downloaders?

Post by therube »

You can have multiple downloaders.
You can interactively change them by right-click context menu, FlashGot Options, selecting the downloader you want at the time.

Perhaps not quite what you're looking for, but not too bad. And for the times when you end up with the wrong downloader, at least you realize it quick enough.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.11) Gecko/20100701 SeaMonkey/2.0.6
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Multiple downloaders?

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

I could be wrong but I recall seeing a drop down menu for Flashgot on the download prompt which allows you to select from the menu the installed downloaders you have to have it sent to that downloader. I know that it works like that for me and I have DTA and Orbit installed. Just saying, its not that difficult to accomplish and I think its already pretty well implemented.

The only downside is that if you have automatic download enabled, it will not give you the prompt that allows you to do that, but if you do SAVE-AS as your default option, then you get to select it. I just did a quick POC on the profile that I am using right now and here is what you get:

Hope that helps.
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/Gecko