Any GetRight users

General discussion about the FlashGot extension for Firefox
alternety

Any GetRight users

Post by alternety »

I have used GetRight and I prefer it to other download managers I have seen. Not that I have made an extensive search. But - I have moved to Win 7 64 bit and GetRight operation has become highly erratic; and annoying. I have tried asking GetRight about the issue but they have been no help. Did not actually seem to understand what was being described as symptoms.

They are as follows. When I click on a download link Getright usually fills may entire screen with little getright logos and the small window for actual download material. I do the normal things, and it does the download. The screen instructions are to press the browser back button to get rid of the screen full of logos. Sometimes that works. Sometimes it locks up and only canceling getright will kill it. Can't even kill the window it is in. Using the getright drop tool always works just fine, and does not generate the real annoying screen full of getright logos. Yeah, I know - don't do that. I find it difficult after many years of doing it like it should work and find myself unthinkingly getting the annoying window.

Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone know of a fix?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3