3 Things

General discussion about the FlashGot extension for Firefox
nolan_vode

3 Things

Post by nolan_vode »

Firefox 27 and 280b3, XP sp3, latest Flashgot and FDM

1. I use Flashgot and Free Download Manager together, especially on YouTube where at this moment FDM cannot d/l the proper files there by itself, which I'm guessing is not news here.

But lately when I select a file from Flashgot>Available Formats, The FDM "Add Download" dialogue will not appear until I open the FDM main window. Does anyone know if I might have mistakenly changed some setting that causes this? If I try to do the same thing using FDM thru Videodownload Manager, it works fine.

2. Is there any solution to "Videoplayback" being used as the default name for all files, especially since the real file name appears under "comments" on the add download interface.

3. Why does pyload appear on my Flashgot toolbar button dropdown menu?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/28.0
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: 3 Things

Post by Giorgio Maone »

nolan_vode wrote: 1. [...] lately when I select a file from Flashgot>Available Formats, The FDM "Add Download" dialogue will not appear until I open the FDM main window. Does anyone know if I might have mistakenly changed some setting that causes this? If I try to do the same thing using FDM thru Videodownload Manager, it works fine.
Not sure, but sounds like some FDM setting.
nolan_vode wrote: 2. Is there any solution to "Videoplayback" being used as the default name for all files, especially since the real file name appears under "comments" on the add download interface.
Very few DMs support name forcing, your best bet is using the built-in for FlashGot Media.
nolan_vode wrote: 3. Why does pyload appear on my Flashgot toolbar button dropdown menu?
Because it supports remote (over the network) control, therefore there's no way to tell whether it's really "available" or not.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0
nolan_vode

Post by nolan_vode »

Giorgio Maone wrote:Very few DMs support name forcing, your best bet is using the built-in for FlashGot Media.
Thanks for the prompt reply. Please explain, on YouTube when I use FDM by itself, without the help of Flashgot, it captures an incomplete, video only version of a file, but the file has the correct name.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/28.0
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

nolan_vode wrote:
Giorgio Maone wrote:Very few DMs support name forcing, your best bet is using the built-in for FlashGot Media.
Thanks for the prompt reply. Please explain, on YouTube when I use FDM by itself, without the help of Flashgot, it captures an incomplete, video only version of a file, but the file has the correct name.
Because FDM uses its own method to capture Youtube files, and it gets the name right but fails to download it correctly.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0