Move Media Button from bottom (add-on bar) to top bar?

General discussion about the FlashGot extension for Firefox
markman

Move Media Button from bottom (add-on bar) to top bar?

Post by markman »

I'm running the latest versions of both Firefox & Flashgot on Win7 Ultimate 64 bit and using the browser default downloader. Now, since I have auto-hide enabled for my taskbar down below, it will re-appear when a download starts because of FF's DL window activating/appearing. The problem is that the taskbar then covers the Media Button appearing in the add-on bar at the bottom of FF, blocking me from right-clicking on it for selection of a follow-up download and further use. My workaround is to click on the DL window right when it activates and the taskbar rises when then lowers it and allows me to get access to the FG Media Button in the add-on bar.

I have 'Show Toolbar Button' clicked in FG Options yet the Media Button isn't appearing in the FF Navigation Toolbar. (Note that my Linux system doesn't have this problem.) I've seen other posts about problems of the Media Button going to the Navigation Toolbar when they wanted it to go to the Add-on Bar. Well, as you can see, my problem is the opposite because I have plenty of room up there in the toolbar and would like this button to be located there instead - it just seems stuck down below, even if I kill the add-on bar and restart FF. With a disabled add-on bar, the Media Button just doesn't appear at all when a youtube video is loading. I have to re-enable the add-on bar if I'm to see the button. Oh the humanity ;-) Anyways, my workaround of clicking on the activated DL window to re-reveal the Media Button sitting in the add-on bar at every download is just a hassle considering I know it works fine in Linux. Any help for this? (other than un-hiding the taskbar)

Running: Win7 Ultimate 64 bit / FF ver 19.0.2 / FG ver 1.5.4.3
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: Move Media Button from bottom (add-on bar) to top bar?

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Did you just try right-click, Customize on any toolbar, then dragging the media icon in the place you prefer?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
Thrawn
Master Bug Buster

Re: Move Media Button from bottom (add-on bar) to top bar?

Post by Thrawn »

Giorgio Maone wrote:Did you just try right-click, Customize on any toolbar, then dragging the media icon in the place you prefer?
(Maybe that should be a board Shortcut...{ customize } ?)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux i686; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0