Feature Request: Toggle warnings partially blocked sites

General discussion about the NoScript extension for Firefox
Cablestein

Feature Request: Toggle warnings partially blocked sites

Post by Cablestein »

Hi

I have about 10 regular websites I visit daily. Each website has some blacklisted items & some whitelisted items (like a lot of people, I only allow scripts to be run from only relevant domains of the websites I visit).

Here's the annoying part...

From an end-user perspective, why am I still seeing a yellow warning message on all my regular partially-blocked websites???

This is the only thing that has annoyed me with regards to NoScript.

Obviously NoScript is doing it's amazing job like it should... but there needs to be some option or feature to disable warning messages for regularly-visited partially-blocked websites.

Maybe a special list of websites an advanced user defines as "greylisted". Fair enough, maybe the site may become dysfunctional in the future if they ever add on an important script or something... but I want to deal with that myself when the time comes.

All I know is I have 10 regular websites, they all work fine, and I no longer wish to see the warning messages constantly. I still wish to see warning messages for the rest of the internet... just not the 10 websites I visit regularly.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.8) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8
Alan Baxter
Ambassador

Re: Feature Request: Toggle warnings partially blocked sites

Post by Alan Baxter »

Many of the rest of us have found that the notification bar is mostly redundant to the NoScript icon displayed in either the status bar or tool bar. Turn notifications off and get your blocking info from the appearance of the icon, by hovering the cursor over the icon, and clicking the icon to view the detailed NoScript menu.

http://noscript.net/features#basics
http://forums.informaction.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=268
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.8) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8
luntrus

Post by luntrus »

Hi Alan Baxter,

That is why luntrus uses the combination of NS and RP on his Mozilla browser. Partially blocking with RP is quite easy. And the third party request are to be blocked right?
I love like BS and RP work together like glove and hand,

luntrus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.19) Gecko/2010062819 Firefox/3.0.19 Flock/2.6.1
Cablestein

Post by Cablestein »

I'm aware of turning off the yellow-bar-warning and using just the NoScript bottom-right icon as an indicator, but my system is has multiple users with varying computer skills, and an elderly person. I would like them to be able to see the yellow bar when it's important (the rest of the internet), just not on the 10 regularly visited websites.

I think it's a legitimate request, but fair enough it's probably lower priority than some other things. If you get a chance to explore it, that would be mucho appreciated.

Cheers!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.8) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8