What caused this error?

General discussion about the NoScript extension for Firefox
luntrus

What caused this error?

Post by luntrus »

Hi Giorgio Maone,

Is the following error in the Mozilla browser NS-related: [quote]
Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Cannot modify properties of a WrappedNative" nsresult: "0x80570034 (NS_ERROR_XPC_CANT_MODIFY_PROP_ON_WN)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://global/content/bindings/autocomplete.xml :: onxblpopuphiding :: line 834" data: no][quote]
or is there another cause for this?
Or is it a bug still living on: http://www.jampmark.com/browser-side/fi ... e-bug.html

luntrus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.19) Gecko/2010062819 Firefox/3.0.19 Flock/2.6.1
eradic8

Re: What caused this error?

Post by eradic8 »

I am getting lots of errors in Firefox, far too many to mention such as the following: expected declaration but found '*'. skipped to next declaration. Also can somebody tell me what the .css is at the end of the offending URL, I'm assuming it means cascading style sheet. Also yesterday I found this in Firefox error console, among many other errors which I found a bit alarming. ares.org: potentially vunerable to CVE-2009-355 I have looked into this and it seems to be related to CRiMEPACK Zombie Exploit.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9.2.6) Gecko/20100625 Firefox/3.6.6
dhouwn
Bug Buster

Post by dhouwn »

eradic8 wrote:CVE-2009-355
CVE-2009-3555, that's three 5s!
The error console entry just tells you that the server apparently has not implemented RFC 5746 and therefore a "sort-of MITM" attack exploiting the TLS renegotiation vulnerability might be possible.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.2.6) Gecko/20100625 Firefox/3.6.6
eradic8

Post by eradic8 »

dhouwn wrote:
eradic8 wrote:CVE-2009-355
CVE-2009-3555, that's three 5s!
The error console entry just tells you that the server apparently has not implemented RFC 5746 and therefore a "sort-of MITM" attack exploiting the TLS renegotiation vulnerability might be possible.
O.K thanks dhouwn, although I cant understand why I got the message in the first place, as I have never visited a site with that URL, I'm pretty sure about that. From what I can gather it is some amateur radio enthusiasts site. I'm assuming NoScript would have protected me anyway as a drive by download would not be able to execute with NoScript enabled.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9.2.6) Gecko/20100625 Firefox/3.6.6
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

This doesn't appear to be a NoScript issue, since the item it refers to is part of the auto complete functionality of Firefox's "awesome" bar or AKA "annoying bar" that drops down and searches history, bookmarks and such to suggest items as you are trying to type it in. It is probably related to either some corruption with the db that it uses, or possible interaction with another extension that "enhances" the GUI (could be anything really, themes or specialized tab and bookmark feature addons even). Have you checked with Fx support to see if they have seen this or are aware of it? The reason I ask is because this was a 3.0.x branch issue and should have been fixed in 3.5 branch and was seen with FireFTP prior but should have been resolved by all accounts. Hope that helps a bit.
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 Gecko/20100625