Yahoo Webmail (now) Requiring yimg.com

General discussion about the NoScript extension for Firefox
therube
Ambassador

Yahoo Webmail (now) Requiring yimg.com

Post by therube »

FYI: Appears that Yahoo Webmail (is now) Requiring yimg.com.

You don't need JavaScript at http://mail.yahoo.com/, but if you do have yahoo.com Allowed, it now looks like yimg.com is required too.

I don't recall it being this way before?

(Note that yahoo.com & yimg.com are both whitelisted by default.)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.3a6pre) Gecko/20100621 SeaMonkey/2.1a2pre
Tom T.
Field Marshal

Re: Yahoo Webmail (now) Requiring yimg.com

Post by Tom T. »

I have not allowed www dot yahoo etc. for a long time, because I don't like the annoying redirects to their portal when you log out.
W/L:
mail.yahoo.com
mail.yimg.com
l.yimg.com (that's an "L", not an "eye" "i")

Those seem to cover most situations, while still sparing a lot of junk. Sometimes s.yimg.com wants to run.

So you can play around and fine-tune if you want to. But yes, some form of their image scripts has been required for as long as I can remember, or at least since using NS and seeing it in the FAQ. Disabling it starts producing funny page-dances again, like the old problem that was resolved in v 1.9.6.96

If you don't allow mail.yahoo, don't you lose your auto-complete address list and such?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20