Firefox preventing noscript install

General discussion about the NoScript extension for Firefox
eradic8

Firefox preventing noscript install

Post by eradic8 »

I just went to download the latest stable version of noscript and was prompted by Firefox with the following message:
Firefox prevented this site (noscript.net) from asking you to install software on your computer.

My only reason for mentioning this is that this did not happen the last time I downloaded noscript from the site so I could not understand why it is bringing up this message. In the past I have waited for Firefox to automatically check for updates but it is slow at checking for updates so I decided to check daily for noscript updates myself. I could of course have allowed install, but I thought I would just check with this forum first to make sure there are not any problems and that this is normal.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: Firefox preventing noscript install

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Yes, it is normal.
The only web site which can install extensions in your browser without that warning bar is AMO.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3