Have flash block, do I need noscript?

General discussion about the NoScript extension for Firefox
Mr.Gump

Have flash block, do I need noscript?

Post by Mr.Gump »

Thank you for reading this and taking the time to help me.

I have used no script before and always with default (first install) settings. I knew it was doing its job because websites reacted to it, but I just fel too much was going on and decided to uninstall it.

I am now using flash block and I wanted to know if I should use no script and flash block together, r is no script is enough.

I am under the impression that flash is the only real dangerous stuff to watch for, so can I just set no script to only block flash?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6
therube
Ambassador

Re: Have flash block, do I need noscript?

Post by therube »

(Not really familiar with Flashblock, but ...)

NoScript can be used to block Flash.
So using both is probably redundant.

Flash blocking is only one of many functions that NoScript performs.
Primary is to block JavaScript.

It affords many other protections though. Certainly worthwhile IMO.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.9pre) Gecko/20100303 SeaMonkey/2.0.4pre
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6
eradic8

Post by eradic8 »

Mr.Gump wrote:Thank you for reading this and taking the time to help me.

I have used no script before and always with default (first install) settings. I knew it was doing its job because websites reacted to it, but I just fel too much was going on and decided to uninstall it.

I am now using flash block and I wanted to know if I should use no script and flash block together, r is no script is enough.

I am under the impression that flash is the only real dangerous stuff to watch for, so can I just set no script to only block flash?
I just disable flash plugins in firefox, if I need to I can always re-enable them.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)