Thank you

General discussion about the NoScript extension for Firefox
karingK

Thank you

Post by karingK »

First ... Good morning, and thank you for all you do to help keep us from harm while online!!

I do have a concern, however ... the "free scan" suggested ... it is, indeed, free ... BUT ... one has to spend a considerable amount to act on the scan ... I only used the scan because I trust you and you suggested it ... but was very disappointed to find that a purchase was necessary to complete the job!!

Again ... thank you so very, very much for all you do to keep us safe!! have a wonderful 2010!! kh
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: Thank you

Post by Giorgio Maone »

I'd very much like that everything was free in this world, but unluckily it's not.
I, for instance, need to pay my bills, the food to feed my family and so on: if I couldn't do that, I couldn't either develop NoScript.
I give NoScript away for free, but there are some 3rd party products advertised on my sites which are not given away for free.
The one you refer to performs a free scan (as advertised), then asks you to buy the complete version in order to act on the result, as you said.
If you decide to buy it, I get a little share of the money you forked out. Another, more direct, way to sustain NoScript's development is making a donation (here's an alternate method for US citizen who don't love Paypal).
Notice that if you're unsatisfied with the product you bought, you can easily get a refund (of course I'll have to refund my share as well).
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.1.6) Gecko/20091201 Firefox/3.5.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)