NoScript Quantum features

General discussion about the NoScript extension for Firefox
Fry-kun

NoScript Quantum features

Post by Fry-kun »

Sorry if it's been answered before, but is there a separate doc/FAQ explaining NS feature set for latest builds of Firefox (I guess, "Quantum")?

I was looking around for custom rules entry and don't see it.. would be nice if there's a clean explanation for new users
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Fedora; Linux x86_64; rv:88.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/88.0
barbaz

Re: NoScript Quantum features

Post by barbaz »

Fry-kun wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:24 pm Sorry if it's been answered before, but is there a separate doc/FAQ explaining NS feature set for latest builds of Firefox (I guess, "Quantum")?
I don't think that exists yet.
Fry-kun wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:24 pm I was looking around for custom rules entry and don't see it.. would be nice if there's a clean explanation for new users
Maybe we can write one in this forum for now. Could you please clarify what you mean by "custom rules entry"?
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
Fry-kun

Post by Fry-kun »

I was probably thinking ABE rulesets

What I want right now is the ability to write a script to allow 1st party scripts on sites -- e.g. mozilla.org should be able to load/run scripts from mozilla.org...
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Fedora; Linux x86_64; rv:88.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/88.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Neither that nor ABE are yet features of NoScript Webext. But first-class per-site permissions is planned (and NoScript code already has some backbones for it).

For ABE status you can follow the thread at viewtopic.php?f=23&t=24339

In the mean time, you can use uBlock Origin to achieve that level of granularity.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-