NoScript & Request Policy 0.5.8

General discussion about the NoScript extension for Firefox
bjm_

NoScript & Request Policy 0.5.8

Post by bjm_ »

Good day IAForum,

Seeking comments on compatibility of FF add-on Request Policy and NoScript.
Have run NoScript for some time and have only just become aware of Request Policy..
Any known compatibility issues running NoScript and Request Policy..
Does Request Policy really make a perfect adjunct for NoScipt as Request Policy authors claim....
or does NoScript do it all and Request Policy is unnecessary...
All comments appreciated

Regards
bjm_
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Alan Baxter
Ambassador

Re: NoScript & Request Policy 0.5.8

Post by Alan Baxter »

Sorry you didn't get a reply sooner. NoScript already "provides the most powerful Anti-XSS protection available in a browser", http://noscript.net/features#xss, so I don't think you need the Request Policy extension for that. Some NoScript users feel the additional control RequestPolicy provides gives better security than NoScript alone. I've never tried it myself.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

I use RP with NS and have for a very very long time. I use it not for the additional "security" per se but rather to help me fine tune and tweak certain restrictions, in fact I even use ABP for that purpose, not the other stuff really. It is very frustrating at first and it takes some getting used to and requires active participation to learn, train and work with. Your content will look like crap, function will be busted, sometimes you have to either temp or perm allow stuff to make it work and keep in mind that with EACH and EVERY allow/revoke it WILL reload and that means if you are doing something, you will LOSE it.
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2
luntrus

Post by luntrus »

Hi bjm_

I also use this combination of extensions in Firefox or Flock and use RP to restrict some third party requests.
On google search pages I have found that too much restrictions will hamper the use of the realtime scanning finjan extension, so on google request result pages I have to use RP without restrictions,

luntrus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.0 (KHTML, like Gecko) Iron/3.0.197.0 Safari/532.0