NoScript on Mozilla Firefox Forum?

General discussion about the NoScript extension for Firefox
jclarkw

NoScript on Mozilla Firefox Forum?

Post by jclarkw »

When I go to the Mozilla Firefox forum (e.g., https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1223064 -- they have no helpful answers there so far), NoScript 10.1.8.2 gives a "?" by its icon and reports, "In order to operate on this tab, NoScript needs to reload it. Proceed?" (This seems odd since NoScript is a Firefox add-on. I'm using Firefox 60.0.2 64-bit in Windows 7 SP1.) Clicking OK, Cancel, or Reload just leads back to the same condition.

I've seen this issue once or twice before, but generally I'm having great success with the new NoScirpt. Am I doing something ignorant here, is this a problem with NoScript, or is it a problem with the Firefox Forum Website? -- jclarkw
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0
skriptimaahinen
Master Bug Buster

Re: NoScript on Mozilla Firefox Forum?

Post by skriptimaahinen »

support.mozilla.com is one of the restricted (extensions.webextensions.restrictedDomains) domains where NoScript cannot function due to design decision by Mozilla.

Unfortunately the message in the popup that should explain this is wrong. It is a known NoScript bug and hopefully will be fixed soon.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0
jclarkw

Post by jclarkw »

skriptimaahinen wrote:support.mozilla.com is one of the restricted (extensions.webextensions.restrictedDomains) domains where NoScript cannot function due to design decision by Mozilla.
Unfortunately the message in the popup that should explain this is wrong. It is a known NoScript bug and hopefully will be fixed soon.
Skriptimaahinen -- Can you go one step further with this? In the case of Mozilla, I trust them so I'm OK permitting their scripts. What is the best method to deal with such sites? Is there a way to disable NoScript on specific sites, or must I disable it (temporarily) globally? If the latter, what's the easiest way to do this and then re-enable it when done? -- jclarkw
skriptimaahinen
Master Bug Buster

Post by skriptimaahinen »

If you do trust support.mozilla.com and wish to enable the scripts there, then everything is OK already. Like I said - NoScript cannot function on that site, meaning that it cannot block scripts there. So the scripts are running fine already.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0
jclarkw

Post by jclarkw »

skriptimaahinen -- Thanks very much for the complete answer! -- jclarkw