Why I just put NoScript back on Firefox

General discussion about the NoScript extension for Firefox
Plabby

Why I just put NoScript back on Firefox

Post by Plabby »

I recently reinstalled Windows and had been running Firefox au naturel.

This went on for some months. I got to see a lot more advertising. I got music and videos blaring unexpectedly. Much of the experience was unwelcome, but I persevered. I was willing to give advertisers and web developers a chance. I even spotting advertising that I was interested in and clicked on it to explore pricing and availability. I had not done that in many years.

And then there were the pop ups. Full-screen pop ups appearing behind my browser are so low-class. When you see them, they are telling you the site you are visiting is shit.

But what just convinced me to put NoScript back on Firefox was one pop up advertisement blocking my browser window completely, that I had to close it before accessing what I originally went to see. Not the first time it happened, mind you, but it was one too many. I was able to put up with a lot of crap over the last few months, but that browser-blocking and hijacking pop up nonsense reminded me what web surfing was supposed to be and what it can be with NoScript installed.

So, to the anonymous, unremembered band of idiots who thought it was a good idea to throw your obnoxious advertising in my face, rather than leave it off to the side where I could freely decide if I wanted to interact with it, you permanently shut off my little bit of revenue stream for every web site I visit. Congratulations, you greedy, unimaginative morons!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:58.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/58.0