Page 1 of 1

Future of NoScript dev channel?

Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:22 am
by barbaz wrote:I've received an email from Mozilla informing me that starting February 22nd, 2018, the beta channel on AMO will no longer be available for developers to publish beta versions of their extensions.

As per email, those using the beta version of uBO will be automatically moved to the latest release version of uBO when the release version become greater than the last version available in the beta channel.
Does this AMO change also affect NoScript?
If so, what does it mean for NoScript dev channel users?

Re: Future of NoScript dev channel?

Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:42 pm
by Giorgio Maone
Yes, this affects all add-ons.
I'm right now deciding whether to use only the stable channel, which would simplify a lot the deployment process but require extra care on releases, or self-host the beta channel at
If the second option wins, beta users who want to stay on the beta channel will need to manually install next (not current, yet) RC from because AMO will upgrade them to the stable channel and wouldn't allow AMO-external update URLs in AMO-hosted XPIs anyway.

Re: Future of NoScript dev channel?

Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:06 pm
by barbaz wrote:v
+ Updates for NoScript Classic are now served directly from due to beta channel deprecation and
other problems with dual branches on AMO