I had to remove NoScript- I was going insane

General discussion about the NoScript extension for Firefox
Carousel

I had to remove NoScript- I was going insane

Post by Carousel »

It's just not usable at this time. I got 20 xss popups that I had to click on for certain pages, and it's slowly driving me insane. So no noscript for me right now. It's really sad tbh.
Toggling the xss in settings does absolutely nothing, since it's toggled again next time I load the options. Adding the suggested changes to about:config does nothing either. It's infuriating. I'm using quantum.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
barbaz

Re: I had to remove NoScript- I was going insane

Post by barbaz »

Not a support question, moving to NoScript General.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
Carousel

Post by Carousel »

LOL are you saying that it's working as intended? :roll: I can't remove the xss promts.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

What I am saying is that you didn't ask any question. Your post appears to be nothing more than an expression of sadness and frustration at the current state of NoScript 10 being unusable for you.
-
Carousel

Post by Carousel »

barbaz wrote:What I am saying is that you didn't ask any question. Your post appears to be nothing more than an expression of sadness and frustration at the current state of NoScript 10 being unusable for you.
Sure, but I'm also reporting a problem. My question is this, is there any way to remove the xss popups that I haven't thought of? Also, is this working as intended?
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Carousel wrote: is there any way to remove the xss popups that I haven't thought of?
I don't think there is yet.
Carousel wrote:Toggling the xss in settings does absolutely nothing, since it's toggled again next time I load the options.
This surely cannot be working as intended.
Carousel wrote: Adding the suggested changes to about:config does nothing either.
Stuff in about:config only applies to NoScript Classic. NoScript 10 settings are not stored in about:config.
-
Carousel

Post by Carousel »

barbaz wrote:
Carousel wrote: is there any way to remove the xss popups that I haven't thought of?
I don't think there is yet.
Carousel wrote:Toggling the xss in settings does absolutely nothing, since it's toggled again next time I load the options.
This surely cannot be working as intended.
Carousel wrote: Adding the suggested changes to about:config does nothing either.
Stuff in about:config only applies to NoScript Classic. NoScript 10 settings are not stored in about:config.
Okay, thanks for answering. I guess I'll just hold off until it's fixed in a future version.
aussiebill

Post by aussiebill »

I have temporarily resolved the XSS popups ,just clear the History Tab . That seems to stop the popups for a while .

Was kind of wondering why a site i visited prior to installing the NS10 in Firefox was being detected. And i looked in the History tab and noticed it was in the list of 2 weeks ago. So i deleted all the history and its slowed down.