[RESOLVED] NoScript "Classic"

General discussion about the NoScript extension for Firefox
Post Reply
AkariAkaza
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:24 am

[RESOLVED] NoScript "Classic"

Post by AkariAkaza » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:37 am

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I wanted to clear something up regarding NoScript "Classic" for ESR users and those using Firefox forks. Waterfox in my case.
You can still download NoScript "Classic" (5.1.7) for Firefox 52 ESR here: it will be updated until June 2018, when ESR and the Tor Browser based on it will switch to 59.
I was confused on whether this meant that NoScipt "Classic" would be updated until June 2018 or if that was referring to ESR. I only ask because as of now 10.1.1 is not compatible with the current version of Waterfox. Though Waterfox is two versions behind so it could be because of that.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64; rv:55.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/55.2.2 Waterfox/55.2.2

barbaz
Senior Member
Posts: 9145
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:45 pm

Re: NoScript "Classic"

Post by barbaz » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:56 am

AkariAkaza wrote:I was confused on whether this meant that NoScipt "Classic" would be updated until June 2018 or if that was referring to ESR.
Both, I think.
AkariAkaza wrote:I only ask because as of now 10.1.1 is not compatible with the current version of Waterfox. Though Waterfox is two versions behind so it could be because of that.
NoScript 10 currently supports only Firefox 57+. But Waterfox is not a supported browser in NoScript Classic either. NoScript Classic isn't tested in Waterfox, and we don't know Waterfox well enough to help people with it.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-

AkariAkaza
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:24 am

Re: NoScript "Classic"

Post by AkariAkaza » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:22 am

barbaz wrote:But Waterfox is not a supported browser in NoScript Classic either. NoScript Classic isn't tested in Waterfox, and we don't know Waterfox well enough to help people with it.
I realize that, I was just wondering if classic would continue to be updated because it's been working on Waterfox fine so far. Thanks.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64; rv:55.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/55.2.2 Waterfox/55.2.2

barbaz
Senior Member
Posts: 9145
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:45 pm

Re: [RESOLVED] NoScript "Classic"

Post by barbaz » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:52 am

You're welcome.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-

Post Reply