NoScript Legacy Addon

General discussion about the NoScript extension for Firefox
antipop

NoScript Legacy Addon

Post by antipop »

First, I humbly apologize if this topic has been resolved in another post, and kindly direct my attention to it if need be.

Now to my concern. I use NoScript in 64-bit Firefox (version 55.01) on Windows 10, along with a few other extensions. I have noticed lately that the addon page in the browser shows the word "legacy" beside each of these extension. I googled it, and found the following relevant page: "https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add ... Extensions". a synopsis of the issue pertaining to addons made as overlays is described on the page like this:

"Add-ons using the techniques described in this document are considered a legacy technology in Firefox. Don't use these techniques to develop new add-ons. Use WebExtensions instead. If you maintain an add-on which uses the techniques described here, consider migrating it to use WebExtensions."

Unless I am mistaken, it appears as if NoScript is made with an Overlay technique instead of with a WebExtension. So, naturally, my question is whether NoScript will be migrated to a the WebExtension technique before Firefox version 57 becomes available as the document indicates that no addon with the older technique will be compatible with Firefox beyond that point. Thanks.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/52.0.2743.116 Safari/537.36 Edge/15.15063
barbaz

Re: NoScript Legacy Addon

Post by barbaz »

*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-