Blacklist needed, here's why...

General discussion about the NoScript extension for Firefox
fakir

Blacklist needed, here's why...

Post by fakir »

The Whitelist operates on a domain basis, eg www.msn.com , but does not work on a URL document/file basis, eg. www.msn.com/somescript.psp

Adblock allows one to block at the file level, allowing selective blocking. I would like the ability to selectively block scripts at the file level so that I can generally allow a web domain, but block certain annoying scripts that may cause trouble.

I had problems with msn.com, which requires you to enable it in NoScript, but this causes an error with one of the scripts on the site when viewing financial news, coming with an annoying pause and then an error message for every page I opened. Naturally if I was able to selectively blacklist that one script, I wouldn't have a problem with whitelisting msn.com.

Thanks!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: Blacklist needed, here's why...

Post by Giorgio Maone »

You can whitelist the site you're confident with from a security standpoint using NoScript, and blacklist the annoying file using ABE:

Code: Select all

Site www.msn.com/annoyance.js
Deny
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)