What adblock addon are you using along with NoScript?

General discussion about the NoScript extension for Firefox
barbaz

Re: What adblock addon are you using along with NoScript?

Post by barbaz »

yes_noscript wrote:Why?
Well to start with, even someone who wants to use µMatrix for script & plugin blocking can benefit from the "additional" features of NoScript, such as those you mentioned, surrogate script, inclusion type checking, etc.

Again, just because µMatrix can do one thing NoScript does doesn't make the addons redundant to each other. µMatrix is a domain-based firewall for the browser (mostly deals with the network requests) while NoScript is a security suite that mostly deals with what happens locally. Totally different things and in my opinion it's wise to have both.
yes_noscript wrote:
barbaz wrote:
yes_noscript wrote:HTTPS Cookie Management: Isn't this browser defaults? Or can the Self Destruction Cookie addon this too?
Don't know about self desctructing cookies but it's certainly not a browser default. Well maybe Pale Moon does something like this but I haven't regularly used it in too long to be sure. Other browsers certainly don't.
Does a site exist to test the management?
I don't know of one offhand. Any site that's served over HTTPS and sets cookies that are *not* flagged as isSecure can be used to test, and any advanced cookie viewer or cookie manager could be used to check the results. (IIRC Pale Moon has such a cookie viewer built in)
yes_noscript wrote:The intern XSS filter can be disabled, like the NoScript one.
Exactly, so if only one or the other causes problems, then you make exception in one but still have protection of the other on the site.
yes_noscript wrote:Okay, but ABE doesn't have any rules by default so it don't make anything, or?
It ships default with this rule in SYSTEM:

Code: Select all

# Prevent Internet sites from requesting LAN resources.
Site LOCAL
Accept from LOCAL
Deny
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
yes_noscript

Post by yes_noscript »

I fully agree so yes, you have right.
Thanks for the explanation. This is what i was looking for :mrgreen:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:2.1) Gecko/20100101 Goanna/20160629 PaleMoon/26.3.3
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

You're welcome! Image
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
Thrawn
Master Bug Buster

Post by Thrawn »

barbaz wrote:
yes_noscript wrote:HTTPS Cookie Management: Isn't this browser defaults? Or can the Self Destruction Cookie addon this too?
Don't know about self desctructing cookies but it's certainly not a browser default. Well maybe Pale Moon does something like this but I haven't regularly used it in too long to be sure. Other browsers certainly don't.
Securing your cookies is unrelated to Self-Destructing Cookies.

Securing cookies is about ensuring that they are only sent to the server over HTTPS connections. In particular, NoScript can ensure that if cookies are set on a secure connection, then they should only be sent on a secure connection.

Self-Destructing Cookies monitors your cookie jar in the background and deletes cookies promptly when they are no longer associated with any open tabs.

Both useful, but there really isn't any overlap at all.
======
Thrawn
------------
Religion is not the opium of the masses. Daily life is the opium of the masses.

True religion, which dares to acknowledge death and challenge the way we live, is an attempt to wake up.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:47.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/47.0
yes_noscript

Post by yes_noscript »

Thanks for that info, Thrawn!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:38.9) Gecko/20100101 Goanna/3.0 Firefox/38.9 PaleMoon/27.0.0a1