How do I UN-block to show autoplay videos again?

General discussion about the NoScript extension for Firefox
Lee49

How do I UN-block to show autoplay videos again?

Post by Lee49 »

Hi Guys,

I go to this site (http://pcsupport.about.com) to read good articles but they have videos that auto-play on most of their pages and it got real old real quick so I clicked on the white "Block tab" that was on the upper right part of the video and did something or another which finally got the videos to stop auto-playing but now I can't figure out how to reverse what I did so I can actually view the videos again, the white block tab is no longer there to get to that menu again. All I get now is a white rotating thing in the middle of the video area as if it's going to load up but it never does. I learned that through a different Firefox add-on I have, I can stop the auto-playing of videos so that's what I'll do if I can ever get this issue resolved.

I've right-clicked within the video box and chose temporarily allow all this page but that didn't help. I don't know what else to do. I'd greatly appreciate some advice.

Thank you
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:40.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/40.0
barbaz

Re: How do I UN-block to show autoplay videos again?

Post by barbaz »

White block tab? That sounds like Adblock Plus, not NoScript.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
therube
Ambassador

Post by therube »

Left-click the URL bar "icon" (or banner or whatever you want to call it), More Information, Permissions, set Flash to Default ?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.35
Lee49

Post by Lee49 »

barbaz wrote:White block tab? That sounds like Adblock Plus, not NoScript.
Really? Interesting. I always thought that add-on, which I do have btw, was for blocking advertisements only, and had nothing to do with videos. Thanks for pointing that out though, it gives me something to investigate.
Lee49

Post by Lee49 »

therube wrote:Left-click the URL bar "icon" (or banner or whatever you want to call it), More Information, Permissions, set Flash to Default ?
Thanks for that tip. I did that and saw Adobe Flash was set at Use Default so I changed it to Allow then refreshed the page but the video didn't play though.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Lee49 wrote:Interesting. I always thought that add-on, which I do have btw, was for blocking advertisements only, and had nothing to do with videos.
No it's a generic content blocker/hider that you can block whatever you want with it via filter rules, bear in mind though that it's not reliable at blocking requests so as far as blocking goes don't depend on it for security or privacy, its main use case there is annoyance removal.
-
Lee49

Post by Lee49 »

barbaz wrote:its main use case there is annoyance removal.
That's pretty much why I use it, to block annoying ads that I'll never click on anyway. Thanks for the info about it. I now have to figure out how to adjust filter rules to unblock the video. Now if only I knew what filters were blocking the video. Looks like I'm going to register with their site to find this one out. Thanks again.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

You're welcome.

Check under "Custom filters", first group there, it's likely the last one (or more) filters.
-