Revising the order of Context Menu options

General discussion about the NoScript extension for Firefox
antipop

Revising the order of Context Menu options

Post by antipop »

When I want to use the Context Menu to "Temporarily Allow All this Page" by right-clicking on the screen to show all of its options, the order of these options ends up displaying it at the very end of the list below all the other selective options. This routine order is not inconvenient when the list is short. However, in my experience, it is often the case that the listing of options is lengthy and, therefore, rather inconveniently presented at the very end of the list. It would save time in the long run if the ordering were reversed, such that my cursor then would be positioned closer to the more likely needed option of "...All this Page."

It is not a big deal, but I wanted to throw it out there as food for thought anyway. Thanks.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/35.0
barbaz

Re: Revising the order of Context Menu options

Post by barbaz »

That sounds like the opposite of what most users would likely want...

I think however that the menu order should be configurable, see this snippet of viewtopic.php?p=69331#p69331 :
barbaz wrote:it would be nice if the order of NoScript's menu items were controllable through about:config, maybe noscript.menuOrder = 0 for permissions always on bottom, 1 for automatic (current behavior), 2 for permissions always on top?
If menu order customizability is implemented by pref(s) exactly like that, would you want that pref set to 0?
Or would you prefer boolean pref like noscript.reverseMenu=true to invert the default order of the menu, false for "traditional" menu order?

Also, would you want context menu configured separately from the icon menu?
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.2; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.30
antipop

Post by antipop »

Hi, barbaz. If I had a choice in how it might be displayed, I would prefer it to be made in accord with your first suggestion, namely: "...if the order of NoScript's menu items were controllable through about:config, maybe noscript.menuOrder = 0 for permissions always on bottom, 1 for automatic (current behavior), 2 for permissions always on top?" Thanks for chiming in.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/35.0
Thrawn
Master Bug Buster

Post by Thrawn »

You could also set noscript.keys.tempAllowPage and use that...
======
Thrawn
------------
Religion is not the opium of the masses. Daily life is the opium of the masses.

True religion, which dares to acknowledge death and challenge the way we live, is an attempt to wake up.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/35.0