redundancy of other Add-in for Firefox

General discussion about the NoScript extension for Firefox
antipop

redundancy of other Add-in for Firefox

Post by antipop »

One of the (many) advantages I prefer in using NoScript is that it allows me to handle multiple problems in one place, so that I can do away with having other Add-ins with redundant purposes. In one particular case, I am trying to figure out whether I can use NoScript to accomplish what one of them, named "RequestPolicy", is intended to do. It seems like there is some overlap in their purpose, and if I can eliminate "RequestPolicy" altogether by making a setting in the NoScript add-in accomplish the task, I would prefer to use it in this way. I was wondering whether anyone else has previously made use of this add-in but then determined whether NoScript is suitable for the same task? I would welcome any thoughts along these lines, and I am "really" hoping no to elicit any flame war one way or another. Thanks.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:34.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/34.0
barbaz

Re: redundancy of other Add-in for Firefox

Post by barbaz »

RequestPolicy has functionality not in NoScript (i.e. redirection blocking) and vice versa. You can replace some (most?) of RP with ABE, but it's going to be a lot less convenient - that is, until Thrawn makes a lot more progress on this...

(Disclaimer: I don't use RequestPolicy so this response is likely not comprehensive)
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/35.0
antipop

Re: redundancy of other Add-in for Firefox

Post by antipop »

Thanks for the follow-up, barbaz, and the additional link too. It is good information.

--
"The pen is mightier than the sword." Sure enough, but only if you get in the first stroke.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:34.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/34.0