Thank you

General discussion about the NoScript extension for Firefox
cipher_nemo

Thank you

Post by cipher_nemo »

I just wanted to drop a note to Giorgio Maone and the NoScript community, and anyone else who has helped this project along. Thank you for creating NoScript, but more importantly, thank you for keeping it updated and support the project.

I use Firefox on every system I own (I own way too many PCs, from a gaming rig, to servers, to HTPCs), and for each of them I use NoScript. I also utilize informed browsing practices and run ESET NOD32 for when human error rears its ugly head. Between these three, I have been malware and virus free for many years. Furthermore, I have prevented companies from forcibly harvesting data from my computers since NoScript steps in on my behalf and politely says "no thank you" to their scripts.

I am a software engineer and an IT professional. I work on code during the day and fix co-worker's personal PCs at night. I love NoScript and always promote it to my co-workers and customers who seek a more secure browsing experience, along with other add-ons such as AdBlock Plus. I've have relied on NoScript for quite some time and will donate the next time I have a little more spending money in my budget. I fully support GPL/LGPL projects and the people who dedicate their time to supporting open-source software.

Thank you again for fighting the good fight! :D
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.11) Gecko/2009060215 Firefox/3.0.11 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
cipher_nemo

Re: Thank you

Post by cipher_nemo »

And kudos to the Ubuntu and Linux community as well (just checking this neat OS/browser detection line at the bottom of each post). ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.19) Gecko/20081216 Ubuntu/7.10 (gutsy) Firefox/2.0.0.19
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

You are welcome, glad to have you as a user and keep spreading the good word.
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.11) Gecko/2009060215 Firefox/3.0.11
Tom T.
Field Marshal

Post by Tom T. »

It's very encouraging to Support Team members to hear such kind comments occasionally, especially from a qualified professional. Thanks for taking the time.
cipher_nemo wrote:And kudos to the Ubuntu and Linux community as well (just checking this neat OS/browser detection line at the bottom of each post). ;)
You're aware, of course, that every web site you visit *sees* that information, as they must to return the page properly to you. Displaying it helps Support considerably with some issues that might be OS-, browser-, or version-specific.
And I find a fellow F2 die-hard on your Linux/Ubuntu platform! :D
Cheers,
Tom T.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US at an expert level; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20 diehard