Whitelist for plugins?

General discussion about the NoScript extension for Firefox
TrevorHart1

Whitelist for plugins?

Post by TrevorHart1 »

Hi,

Back in November 2008 a few posters offered up solutions for integrating a plugin whitelist into NoScript's offerings.

This would be for those of us that block all plugins regardless whether we're on trusted or untrusted domains but would allow whitelisting a subset of the trusted domains so that Flash or Java is permitted on those sites while still retaining the "block annoyances" aspect of NS that I love so much.

I was just curious if this is still being considered for integration or not?

Regards,
Trevor
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.0.11) Gecko/2009060214 Firefox/3.0.11
Tom T.
Field Marshal

Re: Whitelist for plugins?

Post by Tom T. »

http://forums.informaction.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=415
Merged because the topic has come up so frequently. It is very much desired, but at the moment, Giorgio has his plate full with trying to optimize ABE. This is almost another complete security tool, but is being integrated into NoScript. It is currently in its *twelfth* development build, so it has not been an easy task.

Incidentally, if you are tech-minded at all, you might try the latest development build, and experiment with ABE, which allows users to create their own rules. Your experience and feedback would be very welcome at the NS Development sub-forum.. If not, no worries. The long-awaited (self included) site-specific permissions will get there. Anyway, that's a major reason for the delay.

Regards,
Tom T.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US at an expert level; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20 diehard
TrevorHart1

Post by TrevorHart1 »

Tom,

Thanks for the quick reply. I didn't quite search well enough to find that thread.

I look forward to the upcoming release.

Regards,
Trevor
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.0.11) Gecko/2009060214 Firefox/3.0.11
Tom T.
Field Marshal

Post by Tom T. »

Trevor,

My pleasure. It was scattered across multiple threads before finally being combined into the one.
We all look forward to that release. Stay tuned.

Regards,
Tom.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US at an expert level; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20 diehard