NoScript keeps disappearing

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
Wol

NoScript keeps disappearing

Post by Wol »

Hi there

Can anyone suggest why my NS keeps disappearing from Firefox 3.0.latest? By that I mean there is no NS status bar icon and no sign of NS anywhere within Firefox. I haven't checked my system files for NS as I don't know where to look/ what to look for.

What I've been doing to get around it (since I can't find anything relevant in the FAQ list) is to go to the NS page with 'Add to Firefox' and installing it again. Mostly it is then visible when Firefox restarts, but not always.

I think it started about the time I upgraded to 3.0 - because it worked fine and dandy before that.

I use Win XP Pro, and currently using CA Security Suite - but this installation post-dated the start of NS disappearing.

Grateful for any ideas!

Cheers

Sarah
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.9) Gecko/2009040821 Firefox/3.0.9
Alan Baxter
Ambassador

Re: NoScript keeps disappearing

Post by Alan Baxter »

Hi, Sarah. Try these steps in order until NoScript is working right again.

1) The NoScript settings got messed up somehow. Reset the NoScript Options by pressing Reset at the bottom of the Options dialog. Export your whitelist before doing that if you've added any trusted or untrusted sites you'd like to restore after NoScript is working again.
2) The extensions database is corrupted. Exit Firefox, delete the files mentioned here in this linked article, restart Firefox. Uncorrupted versions of the files will be automatically regenerated. Corrupt_extension_files.
3) Perform a Standard Diagnostic. If NoScript isn't working by the time you get to the "Create a new profile" step. That step should do the trick.

Hope this helps. Please let us know whether it does.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.9) Gecko/2009040821 Firefox/3.0.9
Wol

Re: NoScript keeps disappearing

Post by Wol »

Thanks Alan, I've just tried the Reset and will see what happens!

Cheers

Sarah
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.9) Gecko/2009040821 Firefox/3.0.9