Can't stop NoScript from blocking Disqus

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: Can't stop NoScript from blocking Disqus

Post by Giorgio Maone »

@Tucci78
Are we still talking about this Telegraph page or something else?

Could you please export your configuration (using NoScript Options|Export) and PM or mail me it?

Also, did you actually try on a clean profile with just NoScript installed?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0
Tom T.
Field Marshal

Re: Can't stop NoScript from blocking Disqus

Post by Tom T. »

Tucci78 wrote:So do I ditch No-Script altogether or is there some kind of fix for this "feature" that actually works?
There is no "fix" needed, and it actually works.
Tested on OP link

Code: Select all

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/9234983/Barclays-accused-in-mis-selling-report.html
I get the same result as Thrawn, on both Firefox 12 and, as a cross-check, on outdated Fx 3.6.28.
Temp-allow telegraph and disqus.
in RequestPolicy, temp-allow disqus and skimlinks, so that the skimlinks surrogate can run and tell the site it's happy.

Time to look elsewhere. Another of your extensions may be blocking this, most probably AdBlockPlus or Ghostery.

Before ditching NS, please create a clean profile from scratch. Install only NoScript, leaving all the defaults.
Does the problem still exist? If not, NoScript is not the culprit.

Try adding back your extensions, one at a time, until you find the one that causes the issue.
Then remove all the others, pairing only the suspected one with NoScript, to confirm that the remaining one is the issue.
If the problem is solved even with all add-ons reinstalled, then the previous profile was probably corrupt. Problem solved.

Let us know, thanks.

EDIT:
Oops. :oops:
I keep forgetting that the e-mail notification link takes me to the post that triggered the notification, not to the most recent post. It lies:
If you want to view the newest post made since your last visit, click the
following link:
So I didn't see Giorgio's post. But rather than delete this one, will leave it up as further confirmation that the site works, and that great minds think alike, regarding the clean profile test. ;)

@ Giorgio: Is the above a flaw in the system? It's happened several times: The notification link says what's above, but it takes me to the post that triggered the link, and not the "newest since my last visit". Which may often be on another page, with several intervening posts. TIA.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.28) Gecko/20120306 Firefox/12.0