NoScript Overagressive

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
eatbugs

NoScript Overagressive

Post by eatbugs »

After the last update i keep getting the anti-clickjacking warning. Whrn for example i go to a grocery srore ad online everytime I click on something I have to allow it then I can click it again to get it to load. It seem the workaround is to write some complicated code for every site I visit, not realistic. So, I guess for noe out of frustration I'll just have to throw the baby out with the bathwater and disable noscript altogether. I think sometimes programmers forget the enduser. In this case the cure is worse than the disease. :cry:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8
Tom T.
Field Marshal

Re: NoScript Overagressive

Post by Tom T. »

Is that an actual request for assistance, or are you just ventilating your feelings? The post wasn't clear.
Thousands of hours have been donated to create and maintain this program, with the end user very much in mind. If you'd like us to try to fix the problem, we'll be glad to do so. Let us know. Thanks.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US at an expert level; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20 diehard
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Although we appreciate your input, given you really didn't ask for help and it seemed more like a vent, NoScript is designed to prevent exploits and if your daily activity is in the middle of extensive ads/tracking scripts and this solution is inconvenient in protecting you against those threats, then you are right, disable it.
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8 AdblockPlus/1.0.1 NoScript/1.9.1.91 RequestPolicy/0.5.4 FirePHP/0.2.4
Tom T.
Field Marshal

Post by Tom T. »

eatbugs wrote: Whrn for example i go to a grocery srore ad online everytime I click on something I have to allow it then I can click it again to get it to load.
In case you do come back, this issue is easy: NoScript menu > Options > General > check "Automatically reload affected pages when permissions change" > OK.
That saves the second click.

If you trust that site and all of the scripts running on it, there are choices in the menu, "Allow all this page" or "Temporarily allow all this page". This should help eliminate having to do multiple allows for each item. Hope you're feeling better about NoScript. Cheers, Tom t.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US at an expert level; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20 diehard
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

eatbugs:
Could you bear it one more time and use the "Report" button on the warning, then tell me the ID of the report?

Then you can temporarily disable the ClearClick feature, with no need for uninstalling NoScript, from the NoScript Options|Plugins panel.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)