Embedded Youtube vids stall on littlegreenfootballs

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
Handbasket

Embedded Youtube vids stall on littlegreenfootballs

Post by Handbasket »

WinXP SP2, Firefox latest, noscript latest, no other add-ons

This has been a problem for me for quite some time. When I click on the box to enable an embedded youtube video to play, the "loading" circle-of-dots begins to spin, maybe one dot or two, then stalls, while at the bottom Firefox displays that it is attempting to load from "ytimg" server. Lockup of firefox, I can't click anything, X out of the browser, nothing. Gotta ctrl-alt-del and shut down Firefox that way. Completely disabling noscript makes this problem go away. Allow all on LGF does not work. Only embedded youtube videos at littlegreenfootballs dot com have this problem for me. Whether they're embedded in the post, or in a member comment, the result is the same. Please help!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/71.0.3578.98 Safari/537.36
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: Embedded Youtube vids stall on littlegreenfootballs

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Did you try to allow ytimg.com (which is a Youtube domain)?
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:65.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/65.0
Nan M
Ambassador

Post by Nan M »

Can't reproduce using clean NS profile XP Home SP3 LSR

Steps: All NS defaults Steps: All NS defaults In my browsing experience, ytimg isn't needed to run youtube objects on sites outside youtube.com

Perhaps a reset of NS (Options > 'reset' button at the bottom of the screen) could be the next step?
Save your whitelist with the 'export' function (Options > Whitelist 'export' button at bottom of screen)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3.0.7
therube
Ambassador

Post by therube »

littlegreenfootballs: Tuesday Night Music: Ben Folds, 'Effington'

In this case, nothing is needed to be allowed - not yahoo.com nor ytimg.com.

Though yimg.com is whitelisted by default. Why?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.21) Gecko/20090303 SeaMonkey/1.1.15
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

therube wrote:Though yimg.com is whitelisted by default. Why?
For the same reason as yahoo.com, to allow Yahoo! Mail out of the box.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3.0.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Handbasket

Post by Handbasket »

Thanks for looking into it for me. Not solved, but I do appreciate the effort. I don't think any posters there have experienced this, either. Quite a few firefox users there, too, although (despite my occasional pimping of it) not many NS users. Who knows, maybe it's my flash plugins, my Omega drivers (3rd party 3d card drivers), MS firewall, the router I'm behind, or something I've not yet thought of. No biggie. I can quit and reload sans-NoScript if I really need to open a video.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3.0.7
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

I know this has been a while but did you ever figure out the problem? I have run this in many environments with an effort to reproduce your issue and nothing triggered this problem. I wanted to follow up with you to find out if you figured it out, if its still bothering you, if there is anything else can do to figure it out, and at the very least see if I can build a special VM that will reproduce most closely your setup and see how it goes. On an off note, there was a few bugs in previous versions of Flash that they claimed to have fixed in the new version 10, did this resolve the issue?
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8 NoScript/1.9.1.7 FlashGot/1.1.8.5 FirePHP/0.2.4