NoScript not working in Firefox 3.5b4pre / Ubuntu amd64

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
aloishammer

NoScript not working in Firefox 3.5b4pre / Ubuntu amd64

Post by aloishammer »

I've got Firefox 3.5b4pre Win32 working just fine with NoScript in a VM and on another laptop, but Ubuntu 9.04 amd64 (I'm using the mozilla-team PPA) isn't working for me. I've tried allowing Fox to automagically migrate/copy my profile, and I've also copied it from $HOME/.mozilla/firefox/ to $HOME/.mozilla/firefox-3.5/ -- either way, NoScript is marked as incompatible, which isn't a surprise... but it's completely unresponsive. I can't find any way to invoke the options or any other part of the chrome, and sites that are whitelisted seem to be completely blocked by the global defaults. All of my other extensions appear to work fine, including many marked incompatible. (Even known flaky ones, like the Tab Mix Plus dev build.)

(If anyone ever finds a way of completely disabling extension version-checking, I'd love to know about it. The may-have-incompatible-extensions infobar is irritating.)

Are there any known issues with the Firefox 3.5pre code on Linux, Ubuntu, or specifically Linux amd64 at this time?
Last edited by aloishammer on Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009033100 Ubuntu/9.04 (jaunty) Firefox/3.0.8
therube
Ambassador

Re: NoScript not working in Firefox 3.5b4pre / Ubuntu amd64

Post by therube »

See here, Updating add-ons.

This "PPA", Mozilla Team's testing/preview and bleeding-edge packages?

For reference, an issue dealing with 3.6a, .exe download window broken in firefox 3.6a1pre.

Rather then migrating or anything else, how about trying with a new, clean Profile.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.21) Gecko/20090403 SeaMonkey/1.1.16
aloishammer

Post by aloishammer »

therube wrote:See here, Updating add-ons.
"When extension compatibility checking is disabled the Add-ons Manager will display an alert bar with the message, Add-on compatibility checking is disabled. You may have incompatible add-ons. with a button to re-enable it, as shown here in SeaMonkey 2."

I really did mean completely.
If there's something I missed in the PPA description when I started using it three weeks ago, I'm still not seeing it.
therube wrote:For reference, an issue dealing with 3.6a, .exe download window broken in firefox 3.6a1pre.
I'm not using 3.6, and I don't plan it until it's in beta at the very least. That sounds like six to eight months from now. Or longer.
therube wrote:Rather then migrating or anything else, how about trying with a new, clean Profile.
Not unless NoScript receives a major update called Feature That Converts And Preserves Your Browsing History, Passwords (With Full Support For Master Password Encryption And the FIPS 140-2 Module), Extensions, Extension Preferences, User Scripts, User Styles, And-- Never Mind, We're Just Going To Get On Upstream's Butt About Not Upconverting Profiles Correctly. If the problem lies in converted profiles, I suspect no one else on, say, Ubuntu amd64 is going to like the idea of trashing working profiles for the benefit of one extension.

When I referred to the other machines where I've got 3.5b4pre working, I probably should have conveyed that I'm syncing profiles across machines. And I'll underline that I'm not experiencing this problem on Gentoo x86, either.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009033100 Ubuntu/9.04 (jaunty) Firefox/3.0.8
therube
Ambassador

Post by therube »

completely. I don't know completely or not. Just pointing out a FAQ that may have helped. Heh, SeaMonkey 2 does have that same alert bar. (Never really paid attention to it myself.)

PPA. I had no idea what a PPA was, so I Googled. Just wanted to make sure I picked up on the right acronym.

3.5/3.6. Somewhat similar thread, both "leading edge" browsers & so perhaps some commonality. Again, just pointing out.

My only point with the new Profile is not to move your settings over, but simply as a test, to try & rule out other possible causes of your problem. So if it works in a new Profile, then you can try throwing stuff back in, trying to force it to break again, while hopefully pointing out what might have caused it to break.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b4pre) Gecko/20090410 SeaMonkey/2.0b1pre
aloishammer

Post by aloishammer »

therube wrote:completely. I don't know completely or not. Just pointing out a FAQ that may have helped. Heh, SeaMonkey 2 does have that same alert bar. (Never really paid attention to it myself.)
No idea if you're interested, but I more or less fixed that problem anyhow, while I was waiting for a response.